Interior Settlement Creation

Some questions as I go about making one of my house mods into an interior settlement:

1) How the heck do you know which items are scrap able with their own already created recipe?

2) The only tutorial I have found on making items not normally scrap able, into scrap able items, commits what I understand to be a huge modding 'no no' in making changes to vanilla items by telling you to add a Display Name by altering the base object.

Without this the only way to make a vanilla item scrap able is to make duplicates of all the items by giving the item a unique ID?

Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by Guest

I have an even lazier way of solving this.

making duplicates with their own recipes felt like a huge headache and i see no reason why i should make it hard on myself.

what i do is to batch reference enable parent everything that i want to be removable to an Xmarker, then have a terminal disable that marker and give the player a reasonable amount of scrap for disabling it.

since i go heavy on layers when i am decorating this process is super easy, i tend to have separate layers for trash/furniture/tools ect, so it is just a matter of selecting all and do the batch reference, and it is easy to setup categories in the terminal for what the player wants to remove.