(Feedback) The GUI

Hrenak

Firstly, love the direction it's going in so here are my thought so far along with a question with each:

Love the movable windows that appear on the dashboard, It's some neat thinking; would it be possible to register new modules within the application, such as a download manager? (for example)

As for themes, making our own would be pretty neat through rgb values and possibly stored to a seperate configuration

I also appreciate the time placed into the buttons, they're a bit on the clunky side but show a bit of promise.

The automatic suggestion of fixing the plugin files and the error logs is a very great idea, but the notifications need to be a bit more up-front.

Other than that, fantastic work.

Edited by Hrenak

Themes are CSS based. Roll your own. You find the CSS files in the application directory. Usually C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\assets\css.

The variables.scss has some pre-defined settings, which you can then overwrite in the thirdparty.scss. It's all just standard bootstrap and CSS. The buttons you can change in the same fashion, basically to whatever you like, even HelloKitty-Buttons ^^

I haven't loaded any mods yet but here are a few things about the GUI I noticed already:

- The dashboard is great but personally I'd like some more customizability, like being able to resize the long windows and the new files and latest news stuff so I got more options on how big I want each

- For the Tool window I'd love to be able to change the order of tools to my liking. For now the skyrim launcher to be first is nice but if you have skse I'd like to move that to the front.

- additng tools is really easy and I like that it auto scans for them when you search for games, that's pretty neat

- some size choices on the Games tab for the pictures would be neat, not very important for the function though

- profiles are nice and easy to make, a great thing would be if I could customize the picture for each profile so I can see at a glance which character it is for

- considering that maybe the profiles for active games could be shown at the launch bar on top so you can quickstart a certain profile

Will post more when I notice stuff, if some functions I'm looking for are already in please do tell.

- For the Tool window I'd love to be able to change the order of tools to my liking. For now the skyrim launcher to be first is nice but if you have skse I'd like to move that to the front.

you can right click on skse and click make primary to make the play button in the top left run that instead of the skyrim launcher i think, haven't tested yet.