:sad: :sleep: :mad: 1.24[28] :sad: :sleep: :mad:

Silvery Gift #12, of a cubecanister, sparkle shimmered and out of it came 13 androids looking like seven female humans and six male Ariser humans. They were Ariser androids who were soon busy at work in the Arisercube/1. The respawning cubecanister closed up and red glowing squares appeared at the center of every side, top and bottom of it; the light would go from red to amber, from amber to orange, from orange to yellow, from yellow to green and then the cubecanister would open up to unleash another 13 Ariser androids. This would happen twice more and then then never again, the cubecanister from then on becoming just a handy container to use.

The game rules seemed to have changed; would they change again and just what was the game anyway?

With troubles increasing in DemiVault101D, some refugees had been sent there being very elderly, very young, handicapped and carers looking after them.

Radroaches, and other critters, had happily settled into their own areas where their poop, dead bodies and more were recycled.

There was a small population of radserpents in their own area whose shedded skin was worth a good deal as was their poop.

The Arisers kept on researching the VaultDoom documentation, analysed samples of all the lifeforms in the Arisercube, including themselves (that were alive) and carrying out other tasks.

James had returned to the demivault with some important research results but also to help deal with the political crisis there as a four factions tried to take advantage of the power vacuum caused by the vanishing of the HighOverseer.

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changed 'eight more to twice more' in Post #31 above!

:yes: :yes: :yes: 1.24[28] :no: :no: :no:

Where had they come from? That is the main threat of strange acting humans that nobody seemed to be able to identify? The other factions had been forced to join together with Caretaker HighOverseer Amata taking over with the support of the newly formed Defence Security Overseer Jasmine who also oversaw the SIO. The new VaultMilitia had been undergoing upgrading and training as had the security officers and guards. Yet the two together still needed many volunteers to bolster their ranks so as to fight the newcomers.

When RiverSong appeared, along with Gaiafollowers and Chloe's group, 13 cubecanisters appeared; one was golden, three were silvery and nine were copperish each being of 3mx3mx3m in proportions with glowing green squares on every surface. At once Silvery Cubecanister #10 activated, being the only cube with green glowing lights, and opened to release 13 sentrybots. It would release two more lots of sentrybots in time.

The powerful defensive robots were soon wheeling towards the battlezone against the strange, silent, staring eyed attackers in mostly VaultTech security armour and fatigues but with a minority in VaultTech security power armour. They kept attacking with emotionless determination and yet they were soon to prove human like in biology as they got shot down. But as the corpses lay on the floor, from any gaping wounds swarmed glowfleas.

Yet there had been no glowfleas any of the victims in the statuscapsules or was that the case? Lots of tiny little dead lumps had been removed from beneath the skin of those who had been taken out of status and given the antidote. They had not been examined properly because of lack of medical resources, including people. Those reexamined lumps turned out to be dead, withered, glowfleas. Did the glowfleas turn people strange, after a while, or was it the IVirus? People had been put so quickly into statuscapsules that no such changes had had a chance to take place to those victims of the glowfleas carried supervirus.

James spoke from where he stood holding a jar with a living glowflea inside. "The glowfleas bury eggs under the skin of a human victim as well as injecting them with the supervirus. The glowflea eggs release larvae that become young glowfleas that then are released from wounds or burrow to the surface of dead, changed, humans or other victims. The supervirus changes the humans, restructuring them somehow at a cellular level. All of this is conjecture for more data is needed."

He was in the newly expanded-upgraded SIO laboratory-workshop where vaulttrons and vaultdroids assisted him and other humans.

Jasmine spoke to her father. "What has that got to do with isolation experiments? Except, that is, a crazy way of spreading the IVirus."

James nodded. "Exactly! There are many PreDD, and even PostDD ones, that speak of such experimental programs being designed by criminally insane supergeniuses and artificial intelligences or even both working in conjunction with each other. Given that it should not surprise that they came up with such a concept."

Defenders used flamers that jetted spurts of hot burning jelly-fuel. Arrows were shot with powerbows, having special armour penetrating arrowheads.

Handgrenades were thrown by both sides as guns unleashed bullets and laser beams in both directions.

Enemy tactics were very poor as they simply kept hurling themselves into battle until they were killed. Swarms of glowfleas were burned out of existence before they could get even close to their targets. Then the last attacking, strange, human and swarmed glowflea was dead.

Investigations began with forensics work carried out under heavy guard.

Edited by Maharg67

:sick: :sick: :sick: 1.25[29] :sick: :sick: :sick:

With ElectraFalcon were now MrWalker, JackOman, MissFortune, the ZeroTriplets, the RetroTriplets and the SanzTriplets along with six Ariser humans, three Ariser dogs and three Ariser robots. The MS aspect assured them that they all were needed for the battle to come. The robotic trolleys moved along with them.

The twisted humanoid things came lurching towards them, with empty eyes, even as glowfleas spat from holes in their distorted bodies. Vaultsuits hung in rags from the bodies. The MSers, Ariser robots and Ariser humans fired volleys of energy weapon pulsebullets or beams. They destroyed the poor, shambling, victims and the swarms of glowfleas.

There turned out to be only a relatively few of the distorted human victims of the IVirus.

ElectraFalcon spoke as they examined the bodies. "From information gained from RiverSong, I suspect that the IVirus-glowflea victims in body-armour, or power armour, were somehow stopped from going through a further distortion. Perhaps it was because the glowfleas were trapped inside their bodies. More data is needed to verify the hypothesis."

Benjamin spoke. "The ones, in armour, must have put it on after they were stung by glowfleas. Could there be people, in the FFFs Sector, that have not been stung?"

ElectraFalcon responded. "Hopefully so!"

They took recordings, and samples, from the dead bodies before burning them to ash, bones and all, with special inferno-flamers.

They kept on the move, finding more valuable resources as they had been doing so all along. Then they came upon a battle scene with long abandoned corpses scattered over the ground, some being bloated and infested, but most seeming to have died of actual weapon inflicted damage. There were ruined security robots and remoterobots.

JackOman spoke as he walked amongst the long fallen. "Much of the equipment-supplies has been taken. Some of the infected corpses are bloated but some have noticeable holes, in the flesh, and no bloating. Perhaps it was only the non bloated ones that could put on body-armour or power armour and they did so as if something was instructing them to get armoured-arm and to attack."

ElectraFalcon nodded. "The theory sounds more sound than my own hypothesis and is still supported by the information as sent by RiverSong."

So they continued onwards after recordings the scene, in multiple ways, and taking samples.

Edited by Maharg67

Changed Coppery Gift #4 to Silvery Gift #12 in Post #31.

:turned: :turned: :turned: 1.26[30] :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

The 15 TunnelSnakes, as led by Butch DeLoria, nervously made their way along a utility-tunnel being ten teenadult males and five teenadult females. They wore synthetic leather jackets over blue-yellow vaultsuits, the jackets marked with the TunnelSnake serpent symbol on the back. They had once worked for HighOverseer Alphonse Almodovar but he got tired of their antics and dismissed them from doing any more secretive jobs for him; he informed them that they were lazy, incompetent, and fraudulent when it came to carrying out tasks or putting forth claims for rewards.

All of the TunnelSnakes had the same, disturbing, vividly realistic, 'dream' telling them to meet a MrShadow at a particular address in the demivault. They would be given jobs to do but would gain very good rewards for doing so.

The only ones to have any real doubts were Sasha DeLoria, Butch's younger sister, and her boyfriend Trevor Hanz who had only joined the TunnelSnakes because she had. In truth she had only done so to look after her foolish brother.

When they came to the moderate sized utility-chamber, they entered to find it well lit and there standing a tall, pale, stranger in long, black, hoodrobes. He held a blackest black quarterstaff tipped by a softly glowing red glowing crystal. He spoke in a cold, emotionless, voice.

"Good, you came as invited. Here, before you, are fifteen gifts for each of you being well fitted, synthetic, TunnelSnake caps to go along with the jackets that you gained from Alphonse Almodovar. To earn those all you have to do is to answer my questions. Do you all agree?"

Mesmerised, somehow, by the stranger the 15 of them were questioned in turn and all found themselves answering honestly all questions, in a kind of hazy semiconsciousness, except for Sasha and Trevor. They gave him wary, puzzled, looks and chose their words carefully if they answered, sometimes refusing to answer questions. Oddly enough he seemed only amused-bemused by their responses.

At last MrShadow stopped asking questions and spoke otherwise. "All of you, but Sasha and Trevor, take your caps and leave. All you remember is that I gave you the caps and instructions to wait for your next dream messages to come. Go!"

So it was that 13 departed and the two remained.

MrShadow smiled coldly. "I can't use you, as I can the others, but neither will I do harm to you or them. So the deep changes to humanity, of this world, are happening at last. Go to Amata, to Jasmine, to Gaiamother Gaiafairia and tell them that MrShadow has shown up. You will get no more special dreams. Please take your caps."

So they did, soon catching up to the other TunnelSnakes who were acting their kind of normality again.

Edited by Maharg67

:confused: :confused: :confused: 1.27[31] :confused: :confused: :dry:

The three robotic trolleys had transformed, along with their equipment-supplies, into three heavily armoured humanoids each with four arms, the lower two ending in large blaster weapons. The living shapechangers hurled blaster bolts at the oncoming rush of enemies. None of the MSers seemed to have been surprised by this sudden transformation, as if they had been expecting it.

There were more of the transformed humans, most now in just vaultsuits, with their staring eyes. They came faster and with them came slower, shambling, bloated humanoids. Amongst them were something more terrible being humanoids that looked part glowflea and part human. They made strange howling noises and spat out swarms of glowfleas as a weapon.

The MSers laid down heavy firepower as the Ariser humans downed the wave front, of foes, with black samurai like swords but with double blades. The six fighters flickered in their speed, darting back and forth, as the beheaded creature after creature. The Ariser robots rose high to fire down-forward upon the enemy. The dogs smashed into the enemy with amazing power, hurling them backwards and in doing so dropping others.

Firepower came from the surviving humans through gunports, shooting from the side of the battle. They used lasers and many of those seemed to be adapted tools, cleanser flamers meant for special industrial purposes and even adapted nailguns. They did not appear to be using any traditional weapons.

Edited by Maharg67

:woot: o_O o_O 1.28[32] o_O o_O o_O

Chloe's group were in the Cafe101D that was the closest thing to luxury fast food that vaultfolk could get and they often had to save up for visits there. Radhumans, cats and dogs, they were all welcome as long as they behaved themselves and were clean. Vaultfolk looked upon the outsiders with curiosity. The appearance of strangers, in the demivault, was causing much talk.

The Gaiafolk had already set up a small inpost and were helping vaultfolk with medical matters, psychological therapy and in other ways including creating foodgardens that also grew herbs and gardens to help lift the spirit of people.

The idea, of the demivault being a fake one, had gotten around and caused much debate. Some spoke of changing the name of the demivault but none favoured having 'quasi' as part of the new name.

Another favourite discussion point were the recent troubles with glowfleas and the IVirus.

Chloe sat on a counter stool and spoke to the waitress Amie Penny, a tough young brunette woman in a purple vaultsuit with the Cafe101D logo on the front-back. "You do trading with tradegoods?'

Emma smiled. "You have to talk to my mother about that. She manages the store. Her name is Sue Penny. She has a sharp eye for trading, is a good haggler, so you don't take her for granted."

Chloe gave a sweet smile. "Oh, gosh, I am sure she will put me in my place with out any trouble. I mean I am only a lowly Wastelander so what would I know?"

Amie sighed. "Three groups have come into the demivault, from the Wastelands. My mother was born out there, grew up in the Wastelands and that is the main reason she deals with trading with customers."

Chloe lost her smile. "I suppose that I could find somebody else to trade with."

Amie snorted. "My mother won't cheat you. As it is there are not many tradegoods available in the demivault."

Chloe nodded. "Got some genuine leather goods, quarantine checked proper, such as wallets and pouches. I love doing leather work, Wastelander style. Got some collectables."

Butch DeLoria grabbed at her right shoulder, from behind. "The TunnelSnakes will have some of that."

Chloe whirled, with amazing speed, and punched him lightly in the face. Butch leapt back with a cry of startlement and pain.

Then, as he clutched his nose, he protested. "I meant as in trading goodies."

Chloe sighed. "Idiot! I am a Wastelander, a scavenger, a waster urchin so what did you expect grabbing at me like that." She pulled out an almost clean handkerchief from somewhere and wiped some blood away. "Now you wise up and we can be friends. Love the jacket. You part of a gang or something."

Butch nodded. "Yeh, we do nasty graffiti and intimidate vaultfolk with our tough walking."

Chloe smiled. "Oh, you must be very menacing, then! I am so very impressed. So you want to do trading of tradegoods."

Gaiaselena spoke from where she was standing, having walked up in time to witness the conversation. "You be nice to this young man and not steal him blind, Chloe!"

Chloe did not bother to try to look innocent. "Okay! She reached out and scratched the panting, slightly drooling, Clumps behind one ear which the dog clearly enjoyed. "We could do nicely here. Better keep on a eye on that wild Teetree."

Teetree, now sitting next to Chloe, smiled shyly at her words though he was very far from being wild.

Tabatha, who did not speak much, spoke to Butch. "When Chloe was seven years old she killed two raiders, tough radhuman men, with a kitchen knife."

Chloe shrugged. "I have killed plenty since then but that's just life in the Wastelands. Doesn't mean nothing. Better to think about good things like my friends, wonderful tasties like fresh muttfruit juice and good tradegoods to trade with, being altogether honest of course."

Gaiaselena sighed. "Perhaps the two of us should discuss the meaning of honesty."

Chloe gave the Gaiasister a puzzled look.

Edited by Maharg67

:pirate: :ninja: :down: 1.28[32] :down: :ninja: :pirate:

The phase-teleport chambers, in the fake DemiVault101D, had proven to be surprisingly close to the HighOverseers Office but hidden in the network beneath that level. It was the very same kind of arrangement that was beneath the Gaiapost in Gatewaytown. Teetree had unlocked the phase-teleport way between the two phase-teleport gates but none of the other gates in either location.

Why? Because phase-teleportation networks had been linked with strange and even terrible events occurring in the Doomswar and, more so, during the 3Doomsdays. Ever since people tended to be wary of using them and other supertech was seen in the same way for the same reasons.

The Gatewaytown phase-teleport gates, and DemiVault101D phase-teleport gates, had the link between them but their other phase-teleport destinations were different from each other. One of the fake demivault phase teleportation destinations was the fake DemiVault101C.

Edited by Maharg67

:down: :down: :down: 1.29[33] :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There began a fairly constant travel between the Gatewaytown PTGS (Phase-Teleportation Gateway Station) and the newly renamed FreeVaulttown that had been the fake DemiVault101D. A basic democracy was being founded to vote, in future, for members of a Citizen Council. Generally vault citizens, including new ones, were generally pleased with the changes.

HighOverseer Amata Almodovar became recognised as non temporary in her position and at once she instigated the first wide sweeping reforms to the Overseer Pyramid making it more flexible and less centralised. The powers of the Constitutional Overseer were increased and some reasonable limits were placed on the powers of the Security Overseer and Office, which did not please him in the least.

A new, intensive, exploration and remapping program began of the demivault considering how much there was to it than had previously been even guessed at.

Chloe's group went to stay at Arisercube/1 for a while but got to visit FreeVaulttown quiet frequently. They mingled happily with the Arisers, and others, in that place.

Inside the Arisercube/1, Silvery Prize #11 activated just as Silvery Prize #12 and out of it came 13 Ariser robots in a seemingly impossible matter. This would happen twice more before the cubecanister became a normal storage container. 27 floating globular robots would join the others but these would never leave the Arisercube.

Gamepoints had continued to be generated and many were expended. The Arisercube gained a great 100mx100mx100m cubechamber of a lifechamber being a green floor with a large bowl shaped pool, stream canals flowing into it and a great structure rising up of platforms, rampways, walkways, modular buildings, buttresses, statues and much else. Very soon this was becoming a thriving place to live, work, to grow different kinds of gardens and carrying out other important tasks.

No troubles were to arise as yet.

:laugh: :yucky: :tongue: 1.30[34] :tongue: :yucky: :laugh:

The MSers, the PaleOneMan and the Arisers met the envoys of the isolated, surviving remains of the FFFs and their followers-minions. They promptly surrendered both themselves and their remaining resources to the FreeVaulttown Government, such as it was. The reason they had used adapted tools to fight the glowfleas, and the IVirus monsters, was that they had either lost contact with or had used up most of their weaponry. Also the adapted tools had proven to be surprisingly effective against the glowfleas.

A pale faced scientific administrator admitted that the FFFs had always been a fabrication to conceal a large group of those administering a series of research development projects based on the glowfleas and the IVirus but also on a third factor known as the FEVB1A1C, a secondary subvariant of a major variant of the FEV. They also had a secondary role of helping to observe what was going on in the fake DemiVault101D.

During the very troubled period, back when the TechVaults were being completed, populated and sealed up, there were many difficulties that led to problems, and oddities, in many of those vaults. So it was that glowfleas came to be supposedly secure in a network-system that was dangerously broken in some ways. The glowfleas escaped, swarming through the hidden RD areas apart from about a third of them that were successfully sealed off. Thankfully that had such as the agricultural and main medical sections but still many important resources were lost.

There had also been the shadolings that had turned people into shadoghouls or worse. When some panicked people had tried to use a PTG, who did not know how to, they opened up a gateway that was meant to stay closed up, sealed up, because it had become problematic. Out of it had come a swarm of shadolings. The gate was closed but too late to stop the swarm from racing deeper into the demivault. It seemed that they had infested humans, turning them into shadoghouls that had been killed off by the expeditionary group but no foolish assumptions were made; more of them could be out there.

MrShadow, one of 13 aspects, appeared to meet with the MSers and the others there. 'He' seemed quite wary of the PaleOneMan for reasons hard to explain to outsiders because both were of the same greater people, of peoples, with their own exotic ways.

The figure wore a black business suit of very professional appearance, a white tie, black sunglasses, black shoes and a white tophat. He carried a black briefcase and a white umbrella. His skin was very pale. He spoke. "I have dealt with the other shadolings of the group who were escaped prisoners from an entrapment zone. They escaped through a PTGS that was supposed to be not just inactive but too damaged to be so. Some faction repaired the PTGS in a most hurried and patchwork manner. It is now both deactivated and under guard while the Shadoking has the situation investigated along with other shadofolk factions. Even the Shadospheres have become involved, which is most fascinating."

Shadospheres? Even the very powerful Shadoking greatly feared those Shadotaze who he theoretically ruled all of. The five elemental phase factions of shadow, light, grey, rainbow and the pale, were structured in a semisolid, often fluctuating, manner that most outsiders found very hard to comprehend. Most of the tazefolk didn't understand it either but they had no need to do so. Both the PaleOneMan and MrShadow were quite unique aspects of the tazefolk or Tazeteken.

The PaleOneMan spoke. "I take it that you were not sent by the Shadoking."

MrWalker responded with his normal cold voice. "One serves the Shadoqueen and has done so since suspicions first fell upon the Shadoking's criminal links to the 3Doomsdays. This is especially so as the First Doomsday was instigated in the Underworld, partly in the captive zone where then enslaved tazefolk were kept working for the 1Gen1, the Illuminati, the TransEnclaven, the TechCorps and other members of the Great Conspiracy that one prefers to call the Great Foolish Conspiracy."

The PaleOneMan nodded. "You always did have more earthed wisdom than most of your kind. I suggest that you come with us for we have more to investigate in this place before at least some of us move on."

There had been so much death, destruction, disruption, displacement and despair created in that area that there would have to be much fixing up to be done.

ElectraFalcon then spoke quietly but everybody heard him quite easily. "PaleOneMan is correct! There is one more factor to investigate before the focus moves on to the fake DemiVault101C but it is a far more subtle mystery than the others have been."