Problems with OBSE or OBMM

Magentor

Hi, I've been playing an heavily modded oblivion for years now. I recently got myself a new gaming rig and I succesfully installed Oblivion. Then I proceeded to download and install all my favorite mods. But whenever I launch Oblivion from the OBMM it never starts. Just after loading OBSE the screen will switch as if starting the game. But lasts about a nanosecond before it goes back to desktop, nothing. Never had problems with this combination of mods in this load order.

Oblivion fully patched, SI fully patched.

Most recent OBMM version

Obse version 20.6 010201A0

What could be wrong here? Can anyone help? Thank you in advance! :)

EDIT: not sure if it's an OBMM or OBSE issue, or mod issue at all. Game also doesnt launch when selecting the normal Oblivion shortcut, with all mods selected in the data files. Same issue.

Edited by Magentor

most probably missing a required ESM. To be more helpful we need to know what did you install, the load order and stuff...

Although possible, starting the game from OBMM is not needed, better creating a shortcut for obse_loader.exe in the desktop and using it to play, OBMM just install and otherwise manages mods, it has no "active" participation in the running game.

You didn't install the game to C:\Program Files on the new machine did you? Not a good plan if you are also running Windows 7 now and wish to use mods.

most probably missing a required ESM. To be more helpful we need to know what did you install, the load order and stuff...Although possible, starting the game from OBMM is not needed, better creating a shortcut for obse_loader.exe in the desktop and using it to play, OBMM just install and otherwise manages mods, it has no "active" participation in the running game.

I also tried running it from obse_loader.exe but I get the same result. My mods and exact load order never gave problems on my previous pc.

You didn't install the game to C:\Program Files on the new machine did you? Not a good plan if you are also running Windows 7 now and wish to use mods.

Bingo. I have two hard drives. C: is a 100GB SSD with my os (Windows 7 indeed) intended for more taxing games due to superior speed. Oblivion is a game that is nowhere near challenging to run on my pc, so to save space, I installed it along with my other older games on my standard HD of 1 TB. I made a \program files directory for these games specifically. I also tested the game when I first installed it, and it worked then. Only after installing OBMM, OBSE, wrye bash, mods, etc. did the game start to hit puberty.

Edited by Magentor

If it's not C drive then UAC shouldn't be an issue as far as I know, even if your other drive has a folder Program Files.

If the vanilla game ran fine then all I can suggest is revert to vanilla, install OBMM and OBSE and confirm good operation. Then add mods one at a time or in related groups, testing in between. Here's a link to Bben46's wiki Revert to vanilla data.

I finally got it working. After another thorough investigation with wrye bash I uncovered the culprit. I have a mod that mods several other mods, some of which rely on master files. I forgot two of those mods. I installed em, and it suddenly runs fine from Wry itself. Thanks for all the help all! :D

Sorry for bothering You on such an ancient topic but I've googled for hours and I can't find any problem like mine.

First of all, the problem doesn't occur with any older versions of OBSE.

Long story short my graphics are perfectly fine if I load Oblivion without OBSE 20, but whenever I turn it on my distant land turns into this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51438584/Pics/Others/oblivionwithobse20.png

The OBSE requiring mods I use are:

Advanced Magecraft

Soulgem Magic

Deadly Reflexes 5

I've turned all of them off once to test if they are the problem, but they aren't.

Thanx in advance for Your help

Edited by JinKanzaki