What's your fighting style?

Flipout6

Pick them off with a Hunting Rifle, then see if they wanna come closer and feel 'Lucky'. But I used to run with a Lever Action Rifle, a Cowboy Repeater and a modded Homemade Rifle just fine. You can get a lot of damage out of the dinky 9mm caliber with the latter.

Basically I break it down into 3 guns, one long range, one average, and one for tough enemies up close. Generally I pick the highest damage per shot to conserve ammo, except for #3. I like hanging with Veronica and giving her the Tesla Prototype rifle, and ED-E just kicks ass.

Next character will be melee/unarmed.

• 1 month later...

Playing as a brawler is so much fun and tactical, especially when running Monster Mod. However, I'm more for mid range. I will always use some kind if rifle with a reasonable rate of fire (lever-action like the Medicine Stick, and/or the M1 Garand). I end up drawing the BAR more often than not too.

Edited by GimmeBackMyMoney

I usually use two hunting rifles, one scoped and one without a scope. As of recently, I've been using energy weapons just to try something new.

It's enjoyable watching your enemies turn into glowing goop.

I got with a Sniper rifle long range no vats attacks for distance and an SMG/LMG for mid to close with a shotty for good measure. Stealth all the way baby!!!!!

Been thinking bout makin a melee/explosives character for fun.

Edited by shadowfx78

• 2 weeks later...
Just a quick question on builds, I was gonna try a melee/unarmed/survival strat. Basically the backstory is my char is a mutant who lives off the radiation and radiant food and water throughout the Mojave. Now I haven't been very far into the game at all, but I noticed there are perks that kinda lean towards a strong,fast,mutant cannibal but idk if this is a viable way of playing the game. If anyone could just give me a heads up that this is possible w/o too much frustration thats about all id need to make it happen. Thanks in advance nexus!

Lately I seem to be playing a stealth character, so I use a scoped, suppressed 308 (yes, I got it in a mod) that I load my own ammo for (AP). For close work I like the riot shotgun (12 ga Magnum). This means I only have to worry about two types of ammo. Light armor and a cowboy hat, then I'm good to go!

The first couple of times I played NV, I tried out about every weapon I came across and ended up trying to carry a firearms store of ammo. Lately I've been going minimal with the stuff I like best.

Edited by whodat1

I do it much like I do in Call of Duty depending on the situation. Suppressed sniper rifle for ranged take downs, From the Nordic Firearms mod, Suppressed Desert Rifle for mid range take downs, Suppressed 45 pistol for close takedowns and a Bowie knife (Lonesome Road) for back stabs........what can I say I favour stealth and get more satisfaction when they don't see me coming till the last split second.

Stealth is my preferred method. I like to get Ratslayer as soon as possible as it's a great little sniper rifle with a nightvision scope. Stealth scouting and sniping are the best combination so as to ensure your courier has a better chance at survival. I like using grenades on clumped targets sometimes, especially if I'm in stealth mode for the sneak critical bonus damage.

The other item I have on my must get early list is Chance's knife. Yes it's scary early on taking on Cazadores but having that blade for close up work makes all the difference. I also love getting a .45 Thompson SMG as soon as I can as its a dam fine weapon for close to medium combat. High damage and good rate of fire make the .45 Thompson a must have.