Looking for new books to read...need suggestions.

Draco856

Try some David Eddings' books. He have written a lot of book series (like story of Belgarion, Malloreon, Althalus, The Dreamers)

And someone above mentioned Eragon series, that's good. It's written by Christopher Paolini.

Can't really remember all books i have red, but most are Eddings's anyway, he has written so many :biggrin:

Oh, now i remember one good writer too, Tad Williams. I red some books of series called Memory, Sorrow and Thorn.

Just finished another James Swallow-Swallow's a former Voyager writer who's taken to WarHammer 40K.

The universe just has such a depth to it-I've never seen anything like it. Everywhere you look, there's fully fleshed-out, fully explained well, everything. It's a living, breathing world-you wouldn't want to live in it-but it's very complete. The writing varies stylisticaly because there's several different writers, but the overall quality is excellent-40K is not for everyone, it's bloody stuff, very stylised, and lacks the scientific background of many other scifis.

In some ways it feels like the "anti-Star Trek" Star Trek's a very optimistic series(with major exceptions) Technology is advancing, people and peoples co-exist peacefully, and war is a sufficiently minor distraction that StarFleet can devote itself to science, learning, exploration and maintaining this peace. In WarHammer 40K there's none of that. Humanity's glory days are long past, the vast interstellar, multi-species unity has collapsed in a disaster called Old Night, which prevented any communication or faster-than-light(or sublight) space travel for several thousand years-on Earth the nations collapsed one by one and the planet-and humanity degenerated into barbarian tribes wielding the technology of 19,000 AD. From that, humanity slowly grew back, united by an enigmatic, vastly powerful entity known only as "The Emperor" who set about re-unifying what had been lost, but in the process woke the very thing that caused Old Night to begin with. -Resulting in 10,000 years of unending warfare.

Edited by Vindekarr

Try the Shannara saga by Terry Brooks, it's massive. I have myself read the Heritage of Shannara tetralogy. They were gonna make movies about the Legends of Shannara I believe.

The Word/Void trilogy

The Genesis of Shannara trilogy

Legends of Shannara duology

First King of Shannara

The Original Shannara Trilogy

The Heritage of Shannara Tetralogy

The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara trilogy

High Druid of Shannara trilogy

The Dark Legacy of Shannara trilogy