Racemenu for SE?

Dolly98

I still can't get body, hands and feet overlays to work. Face overlays work fine. Using Alpha 6. Am I doing something wrong?

I can't get 'em to work either. The start of the thread says that they're not working. Not sure when they will.

i just started modding and i need help i just want a nice female preset am useing the skyrim se i cant figure out how to get one i see a youtube video with a preset called amy preset 2017 i liked that one but it not on the nexuse any more

hahaha same problem

Just a heads up about the Racemenu alpha:

I installed it using the following guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/8akfzv/racemenu_for_new_skse_is_up/

At first glance it appeared to be working aside from a few missing features. The MCM for XPMSEE even started working. HOWEVER, playing a new character for about 15 minutes, saving, then reloading resulted in a CTD every single time.

It appears that using this method compiles a corrupt save file that the game cannot correctly append data to. As a result, I believe, the game cannot reconcile the save when attempting to load it and crashes.

I hope this helps someone

I've found that if i then uninstall Racemenu (Via Mod Organizer 2) that the save will load.

Just a heads up about the Racemenu alpha:

I installed it using the following guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/8akfzv/racemenu_for_new_skse_is_up/

At first glance it appeared to be working aside from a few missing features. The MCM for XPMSEE even started working. HOWEVER, playing a new character for about 15 minutes, saving, then reloading resulted in a CTD every single time.

It appears that using this method compiles a corrupt save file that the game cannot correctly append data to. As a result, I believe, the game cannot reconcile the save when attempting to load it and crashes.

I hope this helps someone

That's a known problem with the XMP skeleton.

Just use the earlier version skeleton.

The way I've been working around the save issue is to load the directly from Steam (i.e. without skse64_loader).

You can then load your game and save it then quit

Start Skyrim again using skse64_loader

Load your game, you will probably have to showracemenu and reload your presets

I'm trying the SSE Engine Fixes now - hope that eliminates this issue

Racemenu can be ported over by you... however, only about 80% of the sliders work and the hand editor "Sculpt" does not... it is one of the reasons people who create individual masterpieces work in Skyrim and por their head meshes to SSE. If you want to make your own Racemenu (as I did), Dirty Weasel did a phenomenal job on instructional video - go here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBtc-HJ7u2E.

A little warning... I am not sure how it is handled in NMM, but in MO2, whenever you create a custom mesh, it will end-up in your overwrite and you just drag and drop and remember - some of the sliders will not work (not many and not any major ones) and the custom hand-editing "Sculpt" does not work - use Oldrim, port to SSE, and install with Racemenu SE (you created). Oh, obviously, if you want to use someone else presets, even the super custom edits, I believe they work fine... drop them in appropriate folder, enter RM SE, and select as preset.

Dirty Weasel's instructional videos are top-notch and easy to follow - thorough but in normal speak. I recommend doing them all and you're game will be greatly improved (Episodes 1-22 I think, but he adds to them). Best Wishes...

~Tyger~

I will be waiting for the actual official release, as I am currently in the middle of a playthrough and I'm using ECE, so I don't want to risk removing ECE and potentially breaking my game. I don't mind it, but I do prefer Racemenu's layout a lot more than ECE. It resembles SkyUI's design, whereas the ECE one resembles the clunky vanilla design.

Alas, I really hope this mod comes through to SE, otherwise I'll have to finish my playthrough and only then start a new one with the alpha.