Bethesda did a glorious job of playing the community against itself.

AnEwoksWrath

I can't begrudge them their micro transactions, I ignore them on PC and take the free ones on my Xbox. Mostly because the archives are already downloaded on that system. (Ok, I WILL NOT take the non Fallout stuff even if it's free!)

I even picked up the Home Decor, Modern furniture packs, and the Backpack when they were on sale in a bundle but the odds are I won't be getting more unless I see something earth shattering!

It's a business nonetheless, run by Zenimax which are alive solely to make money.

Even their guise as mammalian bipeds is solely designed to make money.

When we both know they are actually aliens from the planet Wanglor.

Tbh, there is no real conspiracy, that is to say...it's not really a secret they want to monetize mods, and been wanting it for a long time. Also, they stumble along the way, like the first few paid mods* I'm guessing the next TES and Fallout will have the whole Creation Club thing already integrated instead of patching it in.

*Yeah, we all know that's what they are, Pete, but you can dress it up differently if it makes you happy.

* I'm guessing the next TES and Fallout will have the whole Creation Club thing already integrated instead of patching it in.

I'm sure your guess would be correct, I however don't really see an issue though. Do I love the CC? No not even close but, I don't see it as a bad thing ether. I do like the Backpack though the mod "Backpacks of the Commonwealth" is so much cooler! The Decor and Modern furniture packs aren't bad if you like settlement stuff and I hear good things about the Tunnel Snake and Donuts shop content.

I think the skins are ridiculously over priced and not needed in a single player game, which is probably why they consistent give them away for free every week.

Don't get me started on the DOOM junk!

I believe is a "foot-in-the-door" to make console players open to paid mods without them really realizing it. Right now we have mostly junk (the DOOM stuff is visually appealing to me) but in TES:VI or Fallout 5 or Starfield (if it exists) it could very well be escalated to the point of full-blown MTX garbage.

Yes, PC players get shafted because the console market is bigger but we need to put aside our egos and at least agree to unite and undermine Bethesda when/if they cross the line with the CC.

Any disparity in the he said/she said debate of PC versus Console, or vice versa, is a moot point. In the end, we are all gamers and the fact that mods are now available on consoles should not be a point of contention, but rather an exquisite excuse to bring both communities together. There are assholes everywhere in life, why should they be allowed to exist here? Pride too often gets in the way of what we really want to accomplish. Whether you begrudge Bethesdas decisions or not, you cannot fault them for doing something that every other game developer has done. That is just the way gaming works these days. They have to make money somehow. Every other game I have played recently has the same micro transaction structure, You know what? I just ignore it, unless it is a new kick ass mission or level that I want to play, then I am all over that s#*!. Granted, I am still waiting for those new kick ass missions from Bethesda, but they have made some steps in the right direction lately, from more engaging CC content with more than just fetch quests (okay, I am totally in love with Ultimatum) to cracking down on mod theft and wiping out almost the entirety of the WIP section. Just chill and give it time. There is absolutely no reason to think conspiracy where there is none. This is all a good thing as long as people on both sides of the fence can forget their egos and remember why we are here in the first place, for the love of the game.

I believe is a "foot-in-the-door" to make console players open to paid mods without them really realizing it. Right now we have mostly junk (the DOOM stuff is visually appealing to me) but in TES:VI or Fallout 5 or Starfield (if it exists) it could very well be escalated to the point of full-blown MTX garbage.

Yes, PC players get shafted because the console market is bigger but we need to put aside our egos and at least agree to unite and undermine Bethesda when/if they cross the line with the CC.

I have a problem with your analysis, mainly because you presume that console players are stupid and think we are open to paid mods without realizing it. Your words, not mine. Seriously? How long have you been playing this game? I guarantee you that I, as a meager console player knows WAY more about this game and has many more hours in it than you do. The gall of you to make assumptions and generalizations. You are the problem. Edited by yakalrad

Thereâs nothing wrong with a company trying to make money. Thatâs what it essentially exists to do. Itâs a free market economy, if you donât like it, donât buy it. Simple as that. As long as they donât ban free mods which I canât see them doing at this point then I really donât see the issue. I for one would greatly appreciate the CC if I was a PS4 user and Iâm sure there are many others who feel the same.

As far as the price of mods on CC goes, again itâs a free market so it is determined by supply and demand. If people donât buy them at the price they are at, or too few buy them, the price will go down. If enough are being bought then folks are clearly willing to pay said price and itâs not too high.

I paid 65 odd quid I think for the game and the season pass back in 2015 and I am still modding and playing it to this day. If thatâs not value for money I donât know what is. Iâm not saying itâs a perfect game but it was definitely worth the price I paid for it. A blue ray can cost 20 quid and it entertains me for a couple of hours, maybe 4 or 6 if I really like it and watch it again a couple times. I donât begrudge them making some more money where they can but thatâs just my humble opinion.

Edited by Bazza0304

So how much do we allow a company until we say it's not alright to make money off their activities?

When those activities are illegal.

Many people are vocal about their opposition to microtransactions and DLC but the fact is companies wouldn't be creating them if they weren't profitable. So there is a large enough segment of the gaming population that buys microtransactions and DLC - enough to make it worthwhile for companies like Bethesda to engage in the practice.