Nobel Peace Prize

Eltiraaz

I have recently heard that George W. Bush has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize (for what I'm not sure, everything hes touched has been anything but peaceful). For all those skeptical on the presidents odds of winning, he lost the presidential election, remember? and look where he is now.. :huh:

So what do you think?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very, very sorry. I just searched on yahoo and it came up. The reason i went off on one is because, well, i can't flaming well believe it! They, that is, Blair and Bush, decided to go to war, then made the world do the same. How on earth can they be nominated for the most prestigious peace prize?

Someone is kissing up, methinks. Heres the link i found it on: link

From ABC NewsOnline:

"Even though they haven't found those weapons they got rid of a dictator and made the world more safe. They got rid of a madman."

It takes one to know one. I agree, someone must be trying to make amends with them before they mysteriously become a threat to national security. That or the apocalypse is coming.

Very, very sorry. I just searched on yahoo and it came up. The reason i went off on one is because, well, i can't flaming well believe it!

Haha, no problem, me neither actually. Just because I'm a blindsighted, over-zealous christian doesnt mean we cant all agree on THAT. :blink: ROFL

For all those skeptical on the presidents odds of winning, he lost the presidential election, remember? and look where he is now..

He lost the popular vote, but not the election. Our election system is stupid like that. Why can't we use the popular vote instead of the stoopid electoral collage?

Who would nominate Dubya for the Peace Prize???

I mean, he's obviously trying to do the best he can, but the Peace Prize......

From ABC NewsOnline:

"Even though they haven't found those weapons they got rid of a dictator and made the world more safe. They got rid of a madman."

Even now, he can protect his regime by getting rid of his Weapons of Mass Destruction.

That is an almost direct quote of Tony Blair in Prime Minister's Questions a few days before troops went in. 'He', by the way, is Saddam Hussein.

This is a total and utter insanity and should not even be contemplated.

Uh, you do realize that the way the nomination process is set up, anyone can get nominated. That doesn't mean they have even a tiny chance of winning though. If I remember the thread on another forum right, Hitler (and similarly un-peaceful people) have been nominated as well. All it takes is one supporter to get your name on the list.

And as for if he deserves it, that's a simple NO! Say what you want about his policies, but war and peace are two completely different concepts.

Archived