Uploading files from the Japanese Community

buddah

Just when I thought all hope was lost here I find the thread that might help :)

@ Irrlicht &/or Quistena,

I absolutely agree that permissions or at the very least acknowledgement needs to be sought before posting up other people's works regardless of race/language or location :)

I had come across an amazing piece of work recently, and I decided to make a guide for it, but I just decided that It would be FAR easier for all my english speaking friends in the modding communities all over if I just translated the mod from within. I'm already halfway through and will probably finish in a few more days.....there is just one problem

I don't know who is the original author (Although it's most CERTAINLY japanese and likely from the 2ch community, that much I gathered since it had hirigana coded in it :P ) and my conversational japanese is horrific beyond words...haha

I'm only good at contextual translating T.T

So I WILL NOT post my translated version of this amazing mod unless I get at the very LEAST the blessings, if not permission of the original author. Which I feel is a shame since it's one of the most intricate scripts I've seen (and pretty good fun to boot :D )

Seeing that your english and japanese is wonderful and you know people in the japanese community, can I humbly ask for your help in seeking out the author and getting his permission please?

You can see my work and the reference to the file in question at http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21135

Thank you very much! Arigato gozaimasu! ありがとうございます!

tenb1

Hello, tenb1!

I want to say many words about you, but I'll say laconically.

Your modder spirt is wonderful! I'm glad we play same game.

Well, you want to know about the mod which you have localized? To tell the truth, there're so complex past background. But I'll speak about it.

The original author's name is "pso". He enjoyed developing it, I suppose. And people of the 2ch forums also enjoyed it. I think "pso" regarded 2ch forums as inner community. But I won't blame him. We all people who belong some cominities will tend to think so more or less, won't we?

Then he was a little careless about some point. And unfortunately, his work had a strong individuality. People will welcome wonderful works, but those works which have strong individuality will produce adoring funs and paranoid antis. So some people start blaming him. He lost his enthusiasm. ...At last, he added new rules to his document and he was gone anywhere.

I'll quote from the document of v0.4a (maybe last his original version).

*Attention*

It is prohibited to use this MOD without agreeing to the limitations described in Japanese.

To redistribute or modify this MOD is prohibited.

These limitations are also applied to the old versions.

Maybe we can't contact with pso. So that rules won't be changed forever. We lost good creator forever.

Why people can't get on with each other? So sad, I feel.

If you want to know more detailed information, plz PM.

By the way, I hit on the idea. If there are topics for each country's mods, it will be useful, I think. For example, "Talking about JPN mods". If there are such topics, ENG peope will be more easy to find JPN mod informations, and JPN modders will bookmark that topics. Likewise Chinese, Korean, Russian and so on.

I'm not used to this forum, so I don't know it is useful.

Thank you!

By the way, I hit on the idea. If there are topics for each country's mods, it will be useful, I think. For example, "Talking about JPN mods". If there are such topics, ENG peope will be more easy to find JPN mod informations, and JPN modders will bookmark that topics. Likewise Chinese, Korean, Russian and so on.

I'm not used to this forum, so I don't know it is useful.

Thank you!

Thanks for the answer to tenb1's questions, Irrlicht.

Very good research on the subject! And I do agree, it's always sad when personal differences shake up a community.

That said, I'd have to make a rough estimate but your idea bears some thinking, given the growing number of mods being coded/designed in countries other than the USA, or as a joint effort. We're also getting far more localizations (translations/adaptations for localized, national releases of Oblivion).

I'd also say the tagging system of the Nexus work for me - we might start by adding appropriate tags to known mods (like, say, [2ch] for mods that originated on the 2chan boards).

• 3 weeks later...
i am sorry by being so Ignorant about this :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: but can i get like a Web Page or Something to see those Cool Japanese Mods please..

I imagine the Japanese community for Oblivion would be made up of a number of large sites, small sites and forums just like the English speaking community. Other than a few big ones that people might point you to, I don't know if there is a comprehensive list. They way I do it is to go to the Japanese version of Google http://www.google.jp and try to search for Oblivion there. Sometimes I find stuff, sometimes not. Personally I like this finds blog and most of the downloads are here on 'Nexus.

Hello, everyone!

Is there a list of all the mods that we have permission to use on here?

Of course, there isn't a list of all the mods. Who can and must make such a list?

If you want to know about that, you should read documents of those mods or ask questions of the original authors... likewise in English comunities.

i am sorry by being so Ignorant about this :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: but can i get like a Web Page or Something to see those Cool Japanese Mods please..

In Japan, there isn't any large website or large comunity for TES4:Oblivion (like TES Nexus). But there is a huge comunity called "2ch forums" (http://www.2ch.net/). At those forums, we talk about various topics. News, Politics, Economies, Academics, Sports, TV, Animes, Comics, Musics, Photos, Programings, Web Designs, PC and so on. So we can certainly find forums for the topic which we want to talk about. And we many Japanese Oblivion players take part in that forums.

It may not be easy to imagine this situations.

So if you want to know about Japanese Oblivion players, go 2ch.net is the best.

Japanese Oblivion players are grouped in the "PC Game forums" (http://schiphol.2ch.net/game/). And I have been collecting old thread logs of 2ch.net forums and putting them online (http://oblivion.z49.org/). Especially, about TES4:Oblivion. That is because we cannot read old thread logs of 2ch.net. And because there are so many logs, if we can seach those logs, we will use informations of logs effectively. So I started this website. If you managed to read Japanese, you can get much informations about Japanese Oblivion comunity.

Sorry for poor English.

Thank you and see you!

Schiphol is one of the major international airports here in Holland, it's so unbelievably weird to see that japanese people make a site, and make 'our' airport it's name! That's such an honour.

I have had little contact with some japanese people, and they are always so polite, so nice, and loyal beyond reason. I love this about them. (i'm no anime fan btw)

It's weird to also see that alot of japanese think german is 'cool' or something (Irrlicht sounds pretty german too). I speak pretty wel german, and i'm wondering: wouldn't there be a possibility to make a mod with japanese and german speaking people? Mixing cultures in a mod would be cool. Europeans have such a wonderfull view at the world, and the Asian cultures too. Wouldn't it be great to mix them up?

No offence, but i think the American culture has dominance everywhere, and they would be amazed to see what would come out when they are not involved. The US is 'a little bit of everything'. And thus they make everything practical. Everything is usefull, and comfortable beyond means there.

I mean, the farmers in the remote areas here in holland STILL walk in wooden shoes. As Japanese people still eat on the floor (maybe not everywhere, i'm not talking generally here).

These authenticated cultures are still there in the back of our minds, and i think we could, in fact SHOULD pull the best out of this authenticitiy and create a world without an american view. And to not undermine anyone, the mod could be in english. Made by Cheese eaters, whine drinkers, pizza bakers, samurai, crazy game show hosts, and played by big fat mac donald eating rednecks.

This is way stereotyped, but i think there's a truth in there. Are you interested? Please PM me then. Maybe we could start something.

Archived