Skyrim Main Quest Overhaul [WIP]

behughes

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, as above - September 2016 - I second that it's unfortunate and suggest it is a dead thread. This thread is worth something IMHO - imagine you spent years on a fallout of skyblivion mod. Then imagine that you have the meshes, textures, dialogues, quests, area (level, "cells," whatever) designs done, and you navmesh. then pear-shaped. Or mod-merging w/ duplicate IDs somewhere, LODs not working, too many tri [angles] in some mesh or nav-mesh, some .pex bug that you just can't find ...

If new modders only knew that down the mod rabbit hole ... there are more rabbit holes [ad nauseum]. Would it help them reconsider making one halfway? Running out of Summer Break time? Being super patient and working through the massive cluster-messes that will come up? Will they stop talking sh [***] about mods on nexus without making one of their own to laugh at? A mod this thorough and nearly finished and it's gone? Ya gotta know it happens a LOT. Keep up the nice nice work modder overlords. ;)

http://i67.tinypic.com/fn8v8i.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

So, to celebrate the Special Edition patch 1.3 - who wants to write some savory main quest overhaul?

The only constraint is that the voice acting should be consistent with the vanilla game. What it means is that there has to be an in-game story explanation why the new/altered voice lines for the main quest NPCs sound different (be they distorted, or muted at all). Everything else could be up to you. Work on your own, or PM me,

Gonna leave it right here.

A plague across the land that affects the vocal chords, explained away as irritating, but will pass in time