Skyrim Main Quest Overhaul [WIP]

behughes

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't read past the first page but I read the full old thread, and if you need voice actors or writers I'd be happy to help out! I have a very good quality mic, an Alctron UM100 for reference lol, and I can give you some writing I've done in the past (though there's not been an excess of dialogue).

The good new is, we plan to re-voice EVERY character that speaks during the Main Quest, and many others (such as the Jarls), and giving them all-new dialogue. Thus, we can take creative liberties and add much a greater level of depth and realism to the interactions between the player and these NPCs.

re-voice, eh?

*goes to pantry, grabs popcorn bag. takes popcorn bag to microwave, and pops the corn.

while the corn is popping, grabs a chair and a beer.

grabs popcorn from microwave, sits in chair and opens the beer can. brings viewing lens to eye.*

this gentlemen, is one effort i shall watch with great anticipation.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I just wanted to give you all a quick update.

To begin, we are returning after a bit of a hiatus. I had to take some time away from the project to focus on other things. But we're back, hard at work finishing the preliminary writing for our first release. Because I've been away from the community for so long, I have a lot of catching up to do, learning about all of the other great mods that have been released in the last 4 months or so.

The bad news is, due to our hiatus, we have lost contact with most of our staff. We're in the process of transitioning to a new project management service as well, which has probably only added to the confusion. So to make a long story short, we're looking for new people to join our team.

The good news is, now that there will be no more official DLC releases for Skyrim, we can touch on subject matter that was previously off limits to us. As a result, we've been restructuring and reworking our story, to make room for content that deals with the aftermath of the Civil War and the Dragon Crisis, and allows the player to continue his/her character's story AFTER Alduin's defeat. We'd also like to introduce a few new plot threads of our own, and expand on some of the more interesting side-quests from vanilla Skyrim.

I've begun work on a broad outline for this "aftermath" story, but it's still rough. Instead of giving away too many specifics, I'd love to hear what kinds of things you would like to see in an "aftermath" story. What do you think Skyrim is missing?

And if you think you'd like to help us write the aftermath story in a more official capacity, feel free to send me a private message here, or email me at [email protected].

Currently, we are looking for an experienced level designer to take the lead on implementing designs for new world-spaces that are being added by SMQO. Send me a private message here at the Nexus, or email me at [email protected] if you're interested in joining our team.

Offering up my support in this endeavor. A brilliant idea, that, if finished properly, could be the most important mod ever made.

If youre still looking for writers I would like to offer my support.

As for an aftermath story, what I've always thought was missing from games like Skyrim is an attack on the player themselves, or what they have striven to build. This was actually what I hoped Dragornborn DLC would be, I hoped Milaak would attack the Player's allies to starve them of support forcing the player to learn the new shouts and maybe find new allies in order to combat the new threat.

It also struck me that Dragons had previously fought for dominance and to be proven the strongest dragon, surely with Alduin gone one would try to take his place.

For immediate aftermath, I've always thought you were never praised enough for defeating Alduin, maybe thats just my character's ego :P, but lets be honest you've just saved the entire world. You should be popular amongst the populace, particularly the none warrior Nords (being the Dragonborn alone should get you some of that, you're the symbol of the fight against the dragons). The Jarls and nobles should want to affiliate themselves with you, maybe even offer up unmarried sons/daughters to make you family. There would be a lot of politics behind such an event as Aludin's fall. For instance, why send the triumphant Dragonborn on a Test to see if s/he is fit to join the legion/stormcloaks? Surely they'd snap your hand off if you offered your support.

Rambling now, so going to stop myself as I know some of this strays from the main quest lines, but I hope its food for thought.