Next Elder Scroll game an MMO?

PsxMeUP

If we had to choose between MMO and single player...  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be for or against the next Elder Scroll game being an MMO?

Thoroughly Against. But I've heard the rumors of the announcement too so now it seems less a matter of If, more a matter of when.

So now I gotta decide if I love the lore and the ES world enough to put up with the sort of jackasses that are guaranteed to go out of their way to ruin the game for as many other players as possible. RMT, Spambots, PK, Trolls... these sort of players are the one thing you can count on being in every MMO. So, whether I end up buying into an ES MMO depends on how they will deal with these guys. Either way, it won't be a pre-order or collectors edition like the past ES games have been for me. I'd have to wait and see what sort of community the game will end up harboring. As it is, I really don't see a way for them to keep the freedom of the single player game without ending up with a cesspool of frustration for players that don't want to log in just to be killed or spammed with people trying to sell them septims for rl clink-clink. I wish them luck. :P

And it would need to include some safe zones for the less PVP oriented among us - crafters, roleplayers, carebears whatever..

If the online game in played in small private server yes you can fully RP (but i truly dubt it) much probably that if the game go online we will play in gigantic servers transforming the TES game in another WOW game

Not necessarily. EvE Online has 1 cluster and has 60,000 people on at once sometimes over 1000 in a single system.

The world just doesn't need another WoW clone :\

Making the game online would also mean that you had to downgrade the next ES in order to suit as many gamers as possible.

In my opinion are online games=casual games,That means for people with very little patience or none at all!!.

i actually had a 60/40% suspicion that skyrim would be online,if Bethesda follows the money im sure the next one will be.

I'm neutral on the question. I just hope they don't try to do a single player game with multiplayer components. When developers create a mixed game like that, the single player part of the game almost always suffers for it.

Age of Empires III, for example. Great game, very exciting if playing multiplayer, but it had a really stupid single player AI that is incredibly simple to defeat. It was actually so bad, a player created his own AI that performed vastly better than the default and actually presented a challenge.