Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooooh, the ball! :dance:

Awesome, I can't wait for it to start! I'm reading all the posts and will have Sef jump in as soon as it starts :3

Hopefully I'm not too late :sweat: Here's my character:

Name: Lord Kalin "Kale" Orus (AKA: The Burning Ronin)

Race: Elan

Class: Soulknife/Pyrokineticist

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Deity: Lathandar

Place of Origin: Neverwinter /Sword Coast

Appearance: Long, smooth white hair, often held in a ponytail. Violet eyes that become stormy when angered. Has a pale complexion and a series of scars on his chest that he attempts to hide.

Armor/Clothing: Kalin wears a mithral chainshirt with protective enchantments and a calling spell that allows him to summon it fully donned. It also has a glamer spell on it that makes it appear as his clothing. His clothes are plain but well-made, a green silk shirt, brown vest and leather leggins, and a grey trenchcoat. Also wears a family signet ring.

Weapon: Kalin wears a katana that he earned during his travels, a symbol of his status in the far eastern lands. It is well-crafted, even for a katana, but is simple in design. He uses it in combat sometimes, but it is mainly for appearances. His main weapon is his mindblade, a crystalline blade formed of psychic energy and able to be summoned at will, and in several forms.

Personality: Kalin is capricious by nature, but is generally pleasant to be around. He is quick to laugh and enjoys talking to friends, rare though they are, and doesn't mind talking to strangers (though most people feel that he's a little off). Sometimes, though, he prefers keep to himself, pacing around and thinking to himself. He is surprisingly hard to anger, but when he is mad, he tends to blow up (sometimes literally), and becomes particularly angry when innocent people are tread upon.

History: Kalin is the last living descendant of a noble family of Neverwinter, murdered after a former friend, jealous of his engagement to a woman they both loved, summoned a horde of demons that destroyed everything that Kalin loved. A traveler found Kalin's dying body in the carnage the next morning and saved his life (or what was left of it), transforming him into an elan, an psychic creature.

After finding and killing the betrayer, Kalin joined a mercenary guild, becoming an accomplished weaponsmith and warrior. After fighting in a war in the far eastern lands, where his fiery abilities and combat skills earned him the title "The Burning Ronin" among the masses, Kalin left the guild and settled down in a village to relax and enjoy the wealth he'd earned (though he's still plagued by a nightmare of his family being killed).

He left the village a few years later after killing a trio of corrupt soldiers who killed his apprentice and the young man's fiance, and took up traveling again. He felt a calling by Lathandar and agreed to fight for the Morninglord, but Kalin still doesn't feel worthy of his god's gifts and decided instead to use his own abilities.

Kalin still questions why only he survived, and is trying to find out how everything happened the way they did.

Oops! Double-post. I'm having a little problem with my browser...seems to be fixed now. :sweat:

Thanks, Auri and Naktis :biggrin:

Edited by GrueMaster