Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***Macman253 is receiving his second official warning due to not posting within a week's time of his previous post.***

Mac, you've got one more week to post before being removed. Please let me know if you are unable to post due to RL issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!! I am thinking about joining in to this one.

However as this one has been going on a while and reading through all the pages is a bit..daunting...lol

Can you all give me a quick rundown of who all is playing and a link to the character sheet posted here (and if you play more than one character that would be good to know also)

Thankie!

Thanks Aur...That helps me alot as this one has had people in and out of it as it has been going a long time.

I thought if I could get a basic framework of the character (enough to have a character approved even if it isn't fleshed out) then they could get discovered by the party either in-camp or the hunting party

Thanks Aur...That helps me a lot as this one has had people in and out of it as it has been going a long time.

I thought if I could get a basic framework of the character (enough to have a character approved even if it isn't fleshed out) then they could get discovered by the party either in-camp or the hunting party

No problem. :)

And sounds good.

Well we don't really use levels or anything, but in terms of skill it varies. We've got living legends like Rhaine and Leif, all the way down to people like Lucas who still really don't know what they're doing. So really it's whatever you want so long as it's within reason.

Yeah, josh is right. If you've got a statted character already, you can use the stats you have to gauge skill for writing purposes (how exactly to act or react to certain situations). But we don't roll dice or anything like that, so the numbers themselves are all but useless in this RP. We go more by realism...so, for example, combat damage is appropriately written rather than in terms of hitpoints. :P

Not sure where our lowest character would be (5? 8?), but chars like Rhaine and Leif are 30+. So there's a pretty large range.

Just as added info, another thing we really don't use are spell components; it's just too much trouble to keep track of. I like to streamline things where it's less technical, so it feels more like writing a novel than playing tabletop. :D

I just wondered as their skills and talents obviously change and I didn't want to come in with crossbows blazing or whatever. Also even though I am just starting I don't want to be what is , in essence a level 1 in skills/talents. So would you all have issue with perhaps a rogue of some sort with talent of perhaps 10-15? Not OP but enough not to die.

Speaking of the dying....is this an issue? Or is it, if we do not wish to die and write an appropriate way out of a situation then it is fine?

This one is a bit more involved that the other and I am stepping in one that has had a long life. I do not wish to do something stupid. :psyduck:

I am almost done. I have some things to do this afternoon but I can get it up later and I have already thought of an "introduction" which I am happy about. They went hunting in woods, correct?