How to use invisible furniture?

Uniquekind

I'm attempting to make a rock interactive so you can activate it to sit on it. I found invisible furniture (InvisibleChairMarker) that have the same marker look as normal furniture (CommonChair01) but I can't figure out how to successfully link/create a trigger that allows the player to interact with and activate it. I'd appreciate any help on this, as I've been fighting with it for the past few hours.

I don't think it is possible to do it the way you are working on. Invisible furniture markers are things that are referred to by NPCs with AI packages. The player does not normally have AI packages. If the player wants to interact with something, then it has to be an activator. I do not believe invisible furniture markers have collision. Activators must have their collision geometry set up right in Blender before they can be clicked on and activated in-game.

So I believe that your task is a job for a modeler. It may be that all that would be required is copying an existing invisible marker mesh, adding collision to it, copying an activator object, and repointing it to the new model.

An alternate Blender approach would be to set up a rock model to be a chair-style piece of furniture.

A couple of weeks ago, I was playing around with invisible furniture markers. If my memory serves me well, it should be possible to achieve this by linking the marker to an activator via script. I think u would have to use the "move to" command, to get the player into position. U can have a look at the vanilla nmsarcophargusscript (something like that) I think they used an invisible chair marker for the player there.

However, when doing this u wont have a "sitdown" animation...

Alternatively u could try to set the player AIdriven and run a sitdownpackage on him via script.

Thanks, guys. This might be a little over my head at the moment, so I think I'll work on other parts of the mod and come back to it when I'm ready to attempt to wrap my head around scripting.

A workaround could be:

Take a chair furniture with sitting marker .

Edit the Base Object and check "Is marker"

In that way the chair will be "hidden" in the game.

Hide the chair in a proper position in a rock for example.

Now the sitting animation is executed when an actor activate the hidden chair.

Carl S, that worked perfectly, I just had to copy the base CommonChair01 and rename it. For any other newbs that may stumble onto this thread, make sure you make a new base, or all of your common chairs will become invisible!

Thank you.

• 4 months later...