game keeps freezing

phillipjohnmc

You don't include patchers in most bashed/merged patches. There are exceptions and for all I know you have all the exceptions. I don't include FNIS.

Here is what I do after installing mods

Run Loot

De activate all patcher plugins and plugins that rely on them

Run Immersive Children patcher and activate its plugin

Create a Merged Patch and delete level list from it and clean masters

Re activate Bash Patch

Move Merged Patch above Bash Patch

Rebuild Bash Patch and activate it

Re activate Patcher patches and plugins that rely on them

Run Patchers as needed (Like FNIS)

Make sure all patches are under the Bash Patch in load order except for the Merged Patch

You don't include patchers in most bashed/merged patches. There are exceptions and for all I know you have all the exceptions. I don't include FNIS.

Here is what I do after installing mods

Run Loot

De activate all patcher plugins and plugins that rely on them

Run Immersive Children patcher and activate its plugin

Create a Merged Patch and delete level list from it and clean masters

Re activate Bash Patch

Move Merged Patch above Bash Patch

Rebuild Bash Patch and activate it

Re activate Patcher patches and plugins that rely on them

Run Patchers as needed (Like FNIS)

Make sure all patches are under the Bash Patch in load order except for the Merged Pa

... this is good assuming the OP installed Steam out of C:\ProgramFiles(x86) so Wyre Bash could be used to stabilize the game ...

i wonder if mo has a category for patchers so i can see exactly what i need to leave out of the merged/bashed patch. i've left out fnis for my latest patch, but initially i had just put everything in and i hadn't noticed a problem and in fact the freezing had stopped from what i could tell. i redid it anyway, to leave out just fnis, but with 180+ mods, i'm not exactly sure what all i should leave out.

curious...what is a merged patch, and what is a bashed patch? what's the diff? i kind of understand the merged patch. bashed patch...um not even the foggiest. i've googled it but couldn't find a straight answer. maybe there's a good site with info?

Edited by phillipjohnmc

If multiple modes makes changes to single thing the only way to get all the changes is with a merged patch. For example one mod adds a sword to Tara and another adds a shield to Tara. The only way for Tara to have the sword and shield is with a merged patch. Without a merged patch Tara will only have what the last mod loaded gave her.

If multiple modes makes changes to leveled list the only way to get all the items in the leveled list is with a bashed patch. The concept is the same as the above with merged patches.

If you have a lot of mods and you are not using merged and bashed patches there is probably 100% chance you are screwing something. The only exception would be if you are only using texture and model replacer mods.