OMG LOL

NeroAkira

So this might not be the right place to put this but i had to say it,

I just started a new game, my lvl 12 dark elf archer went to do and animal extermination quest(Bad idea fairy) :wallbash:

I got to the quest target and low and behold my enemy was a dragon, NOT an animal, a bronze dragon. :excl: :excl:

Again srry if this is not the place to put this, but i had to share this LOLwut? moment. :hurr:

Put [spoilerS] in your post name or description, asap. I don't mind, but people are probably going to react to a quest spoiler.

I was very offended. That was very thoughtless.

Rabbit

I hardly consider this a "spoiler", Rennn. First of all, there are no "bronze dragons" in vanilla Skyrim, so there's obviously a mod that is fiddling with the leveled lists in NeroAkira's game. Secondly, I think it's well known that the radiant quests given by a certain NPC (see, I didn't give it away) are animal extermination quests, so that much isn't really a spoiler, either.

I agree. Radiant quests, and i mean the mundane ones that repeat and not the ones that lead to bigger quests, can't be spoiled. The only difference between the extermination quests are simply killing a different creature at a different location. Nothing new. There are also radiant quests that you can embark on that involve the killing of a dragon. It's pretty much a bounty collection quest like some of the others given to you by a Jarl. No spoilers here.

I was on a bounty quest a long while back and it was a dragon, at a word wall that I had already done. I killed it and no dragon soul (no big deal), and this was far enough back that all I was running was texture replacers. Maybe there was something up with Radiant Story idk.

I wasn't aware that there weren't bronze dragons, hence my advice. :tongue:

I haven't looked up any walkthroughs for anti-spoiler purposes, nor have I done that quest, so that's why there was confusion on my part.

@ Rennn: The "Bronze Dragon" is a Dungeons and Dragons import, plain and simple. Gary Gygax came up with that critter decades ago -- long before there was ever an Elder Scrolls game, or even a Bethesda to make it. There are, in order of level (begining at 10 and going up in increments of 10), the following: "Dragon", "Blood Dragon", "Frost Dragon", "Elder Dragon", and "Ancient Dragon". That's it. If you see anything else appear in your game, it's the result of a mod. Now, "Dragons" come in three colors -- brown, white, and bronze. It may be that this subtype is what NeroAkira was referring to, but I didn't make that possible connection when I read the first post.

My real point is that I've done a lot of "animal extermination" quests. This is a very specific quest handed out by only one NPC in the entire game (at least if you call it "animal extermination"), and none of these have ever been dragons, but were drawn from leveled lists that don't appear to include dragons. In retrospect, I'm not saying it can't happen, but I've done these quests many times at levels from around 15 to 40 and never once encountered a dragon.

@ fms1: Once you've killed a dragon at a standard dragon spawning point, rather than just the randomly spawned ones, you can't re-collect its soul. I'm not really sure what's up with that. Sure, Bethesda wants us to be able to have respawning enemies, but the dragons at word walls should, in my opinion, be unique beings and never respawn. That they do, but that you can't re-collect their souls, would seem to be intentional on the part of the developers, and not just an oversight.

@ Rennn: The "Bronze Dragon" is a Dungeons and Dragons import, plain and simple. Gary Gygax came up with that critter decades ago -- long before there was ever an Elder Scrolls game, or even a Bethesda to make it. There are, in order of level (begining at 10 and going up in increments of 10), the following: "Dragon", "Blood Dragon", "Frost Dragon", "Elder Dragon", and "Ancient Dragon". That's it. If you see anything else appear in your game, it's the result of a mod. Now, "Dragons" come in three colors -- brown, white, and bronze. It may be that this subtype is what NeroAkira was referring to, but I didn't make that possible connection when I read the first post.

You'll understand if I don't read that. :P

There are a few spoilers in there.