How To Make Distant LOD Start Farther Away?

shotgun188

Check the various distance sliders...... see where they are set at. Does your machine have the horsepower to max them out?

All my sliders are on full and yes I'm pretty sure my 560 and my i7 can handle it. Just tell me the ini settings I should change.

Edited by shotgun188

Here's what Koroush Ghazi says in his Oblivion Tweak Guide:

[Cell Visibility/Loading Variables]

uGridsToLoad=5 - Increasing the uGridsToLoad value (always in odd steps of 5,7,9,11 etc.) will increase the number of grids around the character in which full texture data will be loaded up and visible as he/she wanders around. This clearly improves visual quality - removing blurry distant LOD textures for example when set to 11 or above - however it also noticeably increases loading times and loading pauses, introduces visual anomalies (particularly around water areas) and reduces performance significantly. Interestingly, as uGridsToLoad increases, the system automatically increases the uExterior Cell Buffer value to accommodate the greater cell data. Furthermore, if you use an even value, the engine will automatically raise it to the nearest odd value (e.g. entering 10 means the engine will set it to 11). On balance the default value of 5 is a good compromise between performance and loading pauses.

Importantly: Instead of using the above variable to improve distant textures, particularly the blurry land textures, it is strongly recommended that you instead use the Landscape LOD Replacement Mods as detailed in the Patches & Mods section of this guide on Page 4. These mods provide far less of a performance decrease for a similar effect, and don't result in the types of glitches which altering the uGridsToLoad variable can bring with it.

I wonder if you have somehow got your uGridsToLoad set below the default 5. If it is set to 5 already make sure to take note of what he says in the 'Importantly' note at the end of the quote.

Edited by Striker879

Hmm ... I don't think that is at the root of your problem then. I suggest reading through all of his guide and see if anything Koroush suggests helps find what setting is messing you up.

- Edit - You should probably give us a mod load order for your machine as well.

Edited by Striker879

It's at 5 alright. I'll bump it up to 7.

If you raise it though You may wind up with weird visual anomalies especially around water.

Hello

I'm currently having the same issue as you; i created a mod where some objects cannot be seen from far and others seem to fly above them which is awful. Only the ImpExtTower do not appear from far. The other objects ive added do appear.

I'm searching to find a work around this and make those objects be seen from far (since they only appear when you're near them as you said).

Please let me know if this worked! If not, anyone has another suggestion?

Edited by Tsewe