"Spies" quest triggered too early, before even entering the first oblivion gate

So, during my playtrough, i passed through Bruma before going to Kvatch, and ended up killing the Mythic Dawn spy near Bruma (is he even supposed to be enabled this early?), as he was in the way to a quest cave. I didn't realise i triggered the Spy quest, and proceeded.

Now i'm at Weynon Priory and Jauffre is asking me about the spies and Martin says he's studying the Mysterium Xarxes, and this is also stopping me from initating dialogue necessary to proceed on main quests. Is there any way i can fix this whitout loading back? There's a good 12+ hour gap between when i killed the spy and where i am right now.

Edited by victorcoelh

Both of the vanilla Spies quest NPCs are female (Saveri Faram and Jearl) and don't exist in the game until the Spies quest is triggered. You must be dealing with a "mod added" problem.

Quest stages cannot be undone. If you have a save from prior to triggering the problem you have using that save as an option, but I would suggest figuring out where the root of the problem is coming from so you can avoid any additional problems that may stem from the same mod.

Both of the vanilla Spies quest NPCs are female (Saveri Faram and Jearl) and don't exist in the game until the Spies quest is triggered. You must be dealing with a "mod added" problem.

Quest stages cannot be undone. If you have a save from prior to triggering the problem you have using that save as an option, but I would suggest figuring out where the root of the problem is coming from so you can avoid any additional problems that may stem from the same mod.

well, ty. Meant she, it was Saveri Faram. It might've been a mod that activated her, but i don't really know which mod could cause that. This is my modlist, for reference: (it's pretty heavy). And, if this affects her early enable, i did clean everything that needed cleaning, sorted load order and built a bashed patch as needed.

Only using mods suggested by https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/48448?tab=description as well

00  Oblivion.esm
01  Cobl Main.esm  [Version 1.72]
02  TamRes.esm
03  TamRes_LandscapeResource.esm
04  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.5.7]
05  Fundament.esm  [Version ision]
06  IngredientJars.esm
07  CustomSpellIcons.esm
08  Oblivifall Master File.esm  [Version 1.2]
09  RealisticLeveling.esm
0A  Knights - Revelation.esm
0B  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.5.5]
0C  UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp  [Version 1.0.0]
0D  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
0E  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
0F  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.9]
10  TamRes.esp
11  GOSH.esp
12  GOSH Region Ambiance.esp
13  00 Realistic Player Speech.esp
14  ChaseCameraMod.esp
15  DialogTweaks.esp  [Version 1.2.1]
16  Faction Followers.esp
17  Paladin.esp
18  TreasureChest.esp
19  TreasureChest - OOO.esp
++  Rare - LockPick_RepairHammer.esp
1A  Enhanced Economy.esp  [Version 5.4.3]
1B  C&C - The Blackwood Company.esp
1C  BookTrackerOBSE.esp
1D  Display Stats.esp  [Version 2.0.1]
1E  kuerteeCleanUp.esp
1F  LootMenu.esp
20  Dynamic Map.esp  [Version 2.1.1]
21  Map Marker Overhaul.esp  [Version 3.9.3]
22  DLCHorseArmor.esp
23  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
24  DLCOrrery.esp
25  DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
26  DLCVileLair.esp
27  DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.11]
28  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
29  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
2A  DLCSpellTomes.esp
++  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
++  Weapon Improvement Project.esp  [Version 1.9]
2B  Command Mount.esp
2C  DLCThievesDen.esp
2D  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.15]
2E  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.14]
2F  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.5.7]
30  C&C - The Blackwood Company - OOO.esp
31  Oblivifall - Something's Not Right.esp  [Version 1.0]
32  BHC_Expanded.esp  [Version 1.2]
33  Fighters Guild Quests.esp
34  IBOC1.6BETA.esp
35  Mages Guild Quests.esp
36  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
37  DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.12]
38  DLCFrostcrag.esp
39  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.10]
3A  Knights.esp
3B  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.8]
3C  Oblivion Uncut.esp
3D  Oblivion Uncut - OOO Adaptation.esp  [Version 1.4]
3E  Knights - Revelation.esp
3F  SM Plugin Refurbish(Merged).esp  [Version 1.30]
40  The Lost Spires.esp
41  HoarfrostCastle.esp
42  DarkBrotherhoodChronicles.esp  [Version 1.2.6]
43  ReclaimSancreTor.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
44  Roads of Cyrodiil.esp  [Version 1.0]
45  ROC+Fighters Guild Quests.esp
46  ROC+DBC Patch.esp  [Version 1.0]
47  Oblivifall - Losing My Religion.esp  [Version 1.43]
48  PTMudwater.esp
49  ImpeREAL Empire - Unique Forts.esp
4A  ImpeREAL Empire - Unique Forts - OOO FCOM patch by Xtudo.esp
4B  Fort Akatosh Redux.esp
4C  ROC+Fort Akatosh Redux.esp
4D  Better Dungeons.esp
4E  TreasureChest - Better Dungeons.esp
4F  Birthsign Zero.esp
50  HUD Status Bars.esp  [Version 5.3.2]
51  GMArcheryRebalance.esp  [Version 1.0]
52  GuildAdvancement.esp
53  PersuasionOverhaul.esp  [Version 1.43]
++  PersuasionOverhaul_OOO.esp  [Version 1.2]
54  Relevant Scrolls & Potions & Staves.esp
55  Shop Visitors.esp
56  Skill Perk Descriptions.esp  [Version 1.1]
57  Soulgem Magic.esp  [Version 2.0]
58  AoG - Greed Vision.esp
59  VanillaCombatEnhanced.esp
++  VCEClassOverhaul.esp
5A  Alternative Beginnings.esp  [Version 1.4.5]
5B  Nekhanimal's Awesome Vampire Mod.esp
5C  Magic Effects OBSE Tweaks.esp  [Version 4.0]
5D  Myserious Bear's Epic Necromancy.esp
5E  SupremeMagicka.esp  [Version 0.90b]
5F  SM_ShiveringIsles.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_DLCSpellTome.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_OOO.esp  [Version 0.90]
60  SM_EnchantStaff.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_Scrolls.esp  [Version 0.90]
++  SM_SigilStone.esp  [Version 0.90]
61  NekhanimalLifeDetect.esp
62  RshAlchemy.esp
++  RshAlchemy - AVU.esp  [Version 1.0]
63  RshAlchemyRecipes.esp
64  Bundlement.esp  [Version ision]
65  Proper Male and Female Sitting.esp
66  Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp  [Version 2.0]
++  Feminized_Animations_OCO.esp
67  OOOShiveringIsles.esp
68  TRAP.esp
69  Birthsigns Expanded.esp
**  ROC Standard Road Record.esp
6A  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
6B  Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp  [Version 4.9.1]

Edited by victorcoelh

If you have a save where her body is still there you could try using the console to see if it helps identify the culprit mod. Just open the console using the tilde (~) key and click on her corpse (or while she's still alive even). Take note of the first two digits of the refID that displays at the top of the screen after you click her. If a mod has replaced the vanilla Saveri then she will have a refID that is different than vanilla and those first two digits will align with one of the mods in your list.

If one of your mods only affects her vanilla instance you'll need TES4Edit to find it.

A couple in your list that jump out at me as possible candidates are Proper Male and Female Sitting.esp and Feminized_Animation_OCO.esp (though that is only a guess).

If you have a save where her body is still there you could try using the console to see if it helps identify the culprit mod. Just open the console using the tilde (~) key and click on her corpse (or while she's still alive even). Take note of the first two digits of the refID that displays at the top of the screen after you click her. If a mod has replaced the vanilla Saveri then she will have a refID that is different than vanilla and those first two digits will align with one of the mods in your list.

If one of your mods only affects her vanilla instance you'll need TES4Edit to find it.

A couple in your list that jump out at me as possible candidates are Proper Male and Female Sitting.esp and Feminized_Animation_OCO.esp (though that is only a guess).

Hmm, strangely her refID is the same as vanilla here: 00036287. I checked on TES4Edit and the only mods that are affecting her are UOP, OOO, OCO, and obviously the Bashed Patch. Only animation (feminized animations merged into the Bashed Patch, probably, since Bashed Patch is what is editing the animations), facegen and stats (like willpower, restoration, etc).

I'm not having any problems with this save game so far (other than this), and literally the only 3 problems i've found so far was this, once in that Bruma vampire quest, where picking the amulet wasn't counting towards progressing the quest chain (fixed by setting stage, and the Spies quest was already active at that time) and having the 3 guys at Desolate Mine being disabled (fixed by simply enabling them). I'll just manually disable her and ignore her until i grab the quest, instead of killing her, i guess.

Not sure how it works without Realistic Fatigue, but often when I don't want to deal with a hostile NPC right at that moment I just select them in the console and "modav fatigue -800" them (without the quote marks naturally). They just collapse on the ground and I can continue on with what I was doing at the time. When/if I decide to deal with them later they'll be where I left them. If their fatigue hasn't regenerated enough yet I just give them a console fatigue boost (though at -800 most NPCs will be back on their feet once I return).

Well, this is really weird. I can't disable Saveri for some reason. I reloaded a save slightly earlier to test if it was working with other characters/saves, and i also coudn't disable any "Mythic Dawn Agent" (but i was able to disable all other characters i tried to). Any clue about this?

If you're a bit familiar with the CS edit the 2 spies' references and their related script then check for conflicts using ObMM and you'll know where the problem comes from provided it comes from an esp.