Accidental Purge of mods/ Plugins now broken?

BrettDant

I miss-clicked and hit purge mods instead of import from NMM. My plugins section is completely wiped out, and when I reinstall the mod from vortex its self the mod its self will show up, but enabled the plugin (Where the esm's are and stuff) does not show up in the plugins section. I noticed too the plugins are removed from my LOOT order. Is there any way for me to restore what I had? (189 mods for Skyrim VR) (I have tried to manually reinstall mods, however, nothing will show up in my plugins section still.)

"Undeploy" is not a word. Deactivate is not appropriate as that would not imply removal. You can already deactivate plugins and mods so this would definitely lead to even more confusion. Purge is the proper word as it removes everything, as that's exactly what the word means.

I'm not strictly against using a non-word if it makes things clearer and I somehow doubt undeploy would do that though. It would still require the user to understand what deploy does.

And changing terminology is not a small thing, we already have plenty of "googleable" forum posts and at least a few youtube referring to the thing as "purge". If we change the term we invalidate all of that so it has to be done for a good reason.

Besides: It's a lot safer to have a term that sounds more dangerous than it is, which should encourage sane users to investigate, rather than having it sound too trivial and have the users click it without understanding what the consequence is.

Plus the fact that "Deploy" has a chain icon and "Purge" has a broken chain as its icon should indicate that these operations are related...

Thanks for all the replies, I have tried deploying the mods multiple times before, however, the plugin list still stays empty.

Check your column headers to make sure you don't have any filters set. If all your plugins are disabled and you have the list filtered to only show enabled plugins, the list will be empty.

• 1 month later...

I just did this today, hitting deploy does not fix it. All my plugins are gone, everything is gone from my data folder. I now have to reinstall all 230 mods in the same order I originally did and try to remember what loaded before other stuff.

All I went in to do was reinstall 1 mod, I went to hit deploy and hit purge instead. Now a perfectly working load order is gone and I have to pray I can get it setup the same way I had it.

Is there any way to get the purge button moved so it isn't right beside deploy?

Edit: So even just a re-enabling doesn't work, each mod has to be completely reinstalled. Also, anything manually downloaded (ie. Noble Skyrim) the record is gone, so it has to be redownloaded and then reinstalled. This is a major pain in the ass for a slip of the finger. Maybe add a confirmation to the purge button if it isn't convenient to move it away from deploy?

Edit2: Ok, done with the reinstall, my memory is better than I thought :) I'm fairly certain I got everything in the right order again (and the plugin tab did remember the rules I set before so that was one relief). Only took a couple of hours, but still a pain.

Other than this one little hiccup which in the end, it was my fault for clicking purge, I'm so far loving Vortex. Super easy to use, super easy to set rules, order, and priorities. I like it a lot overall, thanks for all the hard work making it thus far.

If we could either get the purge button moved away from the deploy button, or have a confirmation on it, that would be great. For my part, I'm sure I will be much more careful clicking deploy in the future.

Just for anyone else coming along here: As I said before, a purge can be undone by deploying and you should absolutely not start reinstalling mods if you hit it accidentally.

I don't know what FilthyGruntler did (since he didn't investigate before going on a reinstall rampage) but it was either user error or a bug (this being an alpha and all).

Purge is not a harmful operation and thus doesn't need to be moved and doesn't need a confirmation dialog. If you think a purge actually broke something and it's not user error then help me

investigate that (potential) bug instead of reinstalling...