Can't overwrite vanilla body with body mods! :(

Hi! I've downloaded the HGEC body mod and selected "nude" and "D-cup" and put the meshes folders into the data folder. But when I started the game I still had the vanilla body. Tried starting a new game but still got the vanilla body. The path seems okay, (data/meshes/characters/_male/femaleupperbody.nif)

So then I tried to overwrite that with the "Nude version" (same source) but on startup, the Vanilla version (with unremovable underwear) was still there. Does anyone know what's going wrong and how to fix it?

(Another detail, in case it helps) My old Oblivion disc finally developed a crack, so I bought a second-hand one online. That soon cracked too. So I got the steam version of Oblivion, so I wouldn't have to keep buying old discs. All the other Oblivion mods I've tried work okay, and they don't censor the nude body mods in Morrowind or Skyrim (or FO3 or FNV), so I don't think it's steam censorship. And I only use mods from Nexus, never from steam.

Deep gratitude and of course a kudos for any help which results in successfully changing the bodies.

GoF

If You are sure You copied the files (Meshes and Textures) in the correct place and activated the plugin - use BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software) to check Your load order. Wrye bash will show You if if You have any other mods that conflict with the one You are trying to install. I've had the same issues and through the invaluable information of more knowledgeable individuals was able to rescue 356 hours of game play. But this ,for a start, is probably what they will ask You. What mods are you using and what is Your load order. Hope it helps - :smile: Edited by Anoxeron

Make sure you have activated archive invalidation (needed so that the game will use newer resources instead of the original resources included in the game's BSA files). The easiest way to do this is to use Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). Click on Utilities and select Archive Invalidation. From the dialogue that comes up select BSA Redirection (leaving all other options at their default settings). Close OBMM (it doesn't save until you close it ... there is no 'save' option).

If You are sure You copied the files (Meshes and Textures) in the correct place and activated the plugin - use BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software) to check Your load order. Wrye bash will show You if if You have any other mods that conflict with the one You are trying to install. I've had the same issues and through the invaluable information of more knowledgeable individuals was able to rescue 356 hours of game play. But this ,for a start, is probably what they will ask You. What mods are you using and what is Your load order. Hope it helps - :smile:

Hi Anoxeron, There is no plugin in these two body mods; just meshes, which are supposed to overwrite any previous meshes, including vanilla. So the load order of the plugins could not be the problem. I really appreciate you trying to help though. If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

GoF

Make sure you have activated archive invalidation (needed so that the game will use newer resources instead of the original resources included in the game's BSA files). The easiest way to do this is to use Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). Click on Utilities and select Archive Invalidation. From the dialogue that comes up select BSA Redirection (leaving all other options at their default settings). Close OBMM (it doesn't save until you close it ... there is no 'save' option).

Hi Striker879, I did that, and BSA Redirection was already selected, so I just clicked on "Update now" just in case that helped. Unfortunately, it didn't make any difference. When I click on a previous save, and when I start up a new game, I'm still getting the Vanilla body. (sob)

GoF

And now I'm even more confused:( I was under the impression that archive invalidation validated was supposed to have been incorporated into the second UOP. I'm a sucker for Bab and (with no ill reflection) have never used HGEC. Not once since I started to add any modifications to the game have I had to physically implement them with text. I've only played with textures on different meshes - Sorry 'bout that. Guess my state of mind got off to a totally different tangent. Utmost Apologies.

And now I'm even more confused:( I was under the impression that archive invalidation validated was supposed to have been incorporated into the second UOP. I'm a sucker for Bab and (with no ill reflection) have never used HGEC. Not once since I started to add any modifications to the game have I had to physically implement them with text or used archive invalidation through OBMM. I've only played with textures on different meshes enough to ponder the fact that they couldn't - Sorry 'bout that. Guess my state of mind got off to a totally different tangent. Utmost Apologies.

Archive Invalidation is going into the right direction, but you said you now are using "Steam" Oblivion? This means your BSA files' dates are far too new for any "replacer"-type mods ever to work. You need to redate them back to somewhere appropriate, either by clicking "Reset BSA timestamps" in OBMM's Archive Invalidation Utilities or via a 3rd party file redate tool as instructed in some Steam Oblivion modding forums I heard of. Then again make sure A.I. is properly applied, BSA Redirection being the method used, either via OBMM, Wrye Bash or "ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!", as they all do the same.

• 10 months later...

Archive Invalidation is going into the right direction, but you said you now are using "Steam" Oblivion? This means your BSA files' dates are far too new for any "replacer"-type mods ever to work. You need to redate them back to somewhere appropriate, either by clicking "Reset BSA timestamps" in OBMM's Archive Invalidation Utilities or via a 3rd party file redate tool as instructed in some Steam Oblivion modding forums I heard of. Then again make sure A.I. is properly applied, BSA Redirection being the method used, either via OBMM, Wrye Bash or "ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!", as they all do the same.

Many thanks for posting this valuable info. I had this problem (of not being to overwrite the vanilla files) and it was solved by redating the BSA files. Now I can have my choice of bodies! Thank you so much! A kudos for you! :P (Gosh, you've got nearly 200 kudos already!)

Edited by RoxieHarlin