A truly righteous pistol idea

Pyroy

Alright, since this forum is f*#@ing horrible with it's layout and features, I'll continue my post as it was sent prematurely above. This is a continuation of my previous post. Sorry for the confusion but I wish this layout was less of a pain.

An alternate (second) pistol, or an alternate fire mode of the same pistol (I can probably do either or both)?
No, I meant an alternate color for the ring effect. One will be the original mesmotron ring effect, so blue, and another as purple. That's all.
Also, if you replace the normal pulse ball lightning effect with the ring mesmotron particle effect, PLEASE make sure you don't change any of the epic crit effects when it hits it's target, or anything like that. When it hits someone, organic or robot it has a sound and robots tend to have a pulse damage effect. This stays. The ONLY thing I want changed is the projectile being fired, so hopefully changing the projectile doesn't automatically change what happens when the person or thing is hit, be it an NPC or a wall.
I would like to know if changing the projectile also changes the effect when it hits, because this is interesting me now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I mean is, the pulse effect when it hits will be different than the mesmotron effect. So everything else remains the way it was, but the projectile coming out of the weapon is the mesmotron effect. I hope this makes sense.

The ONLY thing I want changed is the projectile being fired, so hopefully changing the projectile doesn't automatically change what happens when the person or thing is hit, be it an NPC or a wall.

I would like to know if changing the projectile also changes the effect when it hits, because this is interesting me now.

The visual (ie cosmetic) effects can be independent of the projectile. It can have the same damage, special effects etc of a pulse gun adn simply look different.

No, I meant an alternate color for the ring effect. One will be the original mesmotron ring effect, so blue, and another as purple. That's all.

You want a blue mesmetron like projectile, and a purple mesmetron like projectile, correct? How does the purple one manifest itself in the game world? Two ways such a thing could appear is a variant pistol, or a variant fire mode....as I suggested in my previous post. If you don't want those, then how does the purple projectile show up, in game?

Are you looking for two versions of the mod (one with a blue and one with a purple projectile)?

Ah, yes I definitely am looking for 2 versions of the mod, sorry if I was unclear. I was thinking alternate esm files that I could just check or uncheck (esm or esp) but two alternate pistols would be alright as well. Both pistols would look exactly the same, but one fires the normal blue rings and the other fires the purple rings. make sure it's a badass purple and not pink though LOL.

Oh, and make sure the speed of the projectile is unchanged as well. The original badass pulse lightning projectile moved pretty fast and I want to keep it that way. Faster than plasma but not impossible for someone to dodge.

fired, so hopefully changing the projectile doesn't automatically change what happens when the person or thing is hit, be it an NPC or a wall.

Do not happen anything diferent.

Change the color of the projectile is easy, it can be done in 10 seconds, really.

But the color of the impact and desintegration? Oh boy, this is trouble. Well, good luck with that devin, I'll even keep an eye on this thread, because I'm interested in how you're going to do it, because I do not know how.

fired, so hopefully changing the projectile doesn't automatically change what happens when the person or thing is hit, be it an NPC or a wall.

Change the color of the projectile is easy, it can be done in 10 seconds, really.

But the color of the impact and desintegration? Oh boy, this is trouble. Well, good luck with that devin, I'll even keep an eye on this thread, because I'm interested in how you're going to do it, because I do not know how.

Oh, I don't want to edit the color of impact or the disintegration effect. Just the projectile will be edited here. And yeah, I'm extremely curious to see how he does it. This should be very interesting indeed.

Oh, I don't want to edit the color of impact or the disintegration effect. Just the projectile will be edited here.

oh, ok. This is easy, just a change in the color of the material, can be done in Nifskope.

Anyway, you are in good hands, good luck with your mod :)

Oh, I don't want to edit the color of impact or the disintegration effect. Just the projectile will be edited here.

oh, ok. This is easy, just a change in the color of the material, can be done in Nifskope.

Anyway, you are in good hands, good luck with your mod :smile:

Thanks man, this should be pretty epic once it gets made. I would have done this myself but I have zero time and learning that s#*! can be a bit of a loophole game.