Can't craft due to short animations

TheSilverRoman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember to update your mods regularly, animation mods like to break stuff when they are not updated, and always read the mod fully before you install it, and follow any instructions; animation mods like to conflict and break other animations when installed wrong, and installing a new animation has a likelyhood of breaking any you've previously installed.

Updating your mods to have everything at the latest version you can support (skyrim dlc you have) is a good place to start for fixing any problems.

• 1 month later...

It looks like Live Another Life is the source of this animation bug. Disabling it in the data files list allowed me to use all crafting facilities with no issues, and re-enabling it caused the problem to appear again. So far I haven't gotten any dialogue options or quest markers that the MQ has been activated, so it's probably safe to remove this mod after the start.

Edited by BleydThePirate

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem but I don't have any of the mods that are supposedly causing the problems and none of the fixes have worked so far but I had an Idea of how to fix it if some one could make a mod that would let you use the crafting systems and such with out the animations that would let us bypass the problem

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to say that I have this issue on my new Character. She was fine for a while and then I went to try to smelt some bars and i couldn't. Also not black smith or any other armor improving or crafting. I reloaded an old save and it was fine there. Something happened between be entering that dungeon and leaving. I find this quite game breaking. Though I find important to let you know that My mod list is very short I have all the DLC, then a mod to make ore glow, another to make books i haven't read glow. One called souls to perks. and one called simple divorce, and one to add quest markers to the stones of barenziah. These mods didn't effect the game until this point. And I have no animation mods.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I fixed this problem by Uninstalling Magic Duel Reborn.

The animation for the mod glitches sometimes and eventually your game ends up thinking its in an animation already and the crafting animations remove you from the tanning, enchanting, enhancing etc. because it thinks its already running an animation.

It would be like trying to sit on a bench and use an enchanting table, you would have to get off the bench to use the table, but if you're stuck on the bench, you simply couldn't use it.

I hope this helps, if not, the problem could be some other mod that uses custom animations.

• 2 months later...

Much thanks to this thread. It was a super annoying problem and uninstalling Magic Duel - Reborn fixed it right quick.

Forgot I had it installed, to be honest. I never could get any of the duels to trigger even with all parameters met and chance set to 100%. Now it seems the mod author has dropped it due to performance and stability issues. Guess there's not much reason to keep it. It's a shame, it looked REALLY cool.