npc relocation mod

shudakiLP

dose any one know a good mod to make an npc follow you (like with the follow script package) then stay where you leave them (like with the wait script package) so you can take npc's from other areas like say i want to take harkness form rivet city and bring him to tenpenny tower

a similar mod that you can use for reference is http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/3980

(and no i cant use this one because it is unstable and makes the game crash when you go inside but if you want to fix this mod i would thank you very much also)

***********= for moders=************

if you are a moder who could make this mod for me i would be more then happy to make you a video advertising your other mods and post it on my popular lets play channel so your mods get some spotlight

i don't care how the mod is done console commands, a hat or something you where that adds speech options, any thing as long as i can make an npc follow me then STAY where i leave them until i tell them to go home and you have to be able to have many npc's waiting around at once

a similar mod that you can use for reference is http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/3980

Try Sharing and Caring Companions or Companion Share & Recruit. Both mods are capable of doing that, aside from being able to make practically anybody a companion. Just order them to follow you then order them to wait (make yourself at home) or whatever in the new area. They won't leave unless you tell them to go home.

Be careful though. The game can and will likely crash, regardless of what kind of mod you use, if you try to use it on a quest-related NPC that has a package that happens because of the quest. A good example is the Big Town residents before you finish the Big Trouble in Big Town quest completely. If you have any of them as a companion via these mods (or you are otherwise messing with their packages), the game will almost surely crash when you get to any part where they're supposed to gather, such as when they gather in the middle of the town to cheer, or when they watch you as you train them in using guns/robots/mines/stealth. Getting "dad" to become a companion at most points in the storyline will also end up in bugs or crashes. Just be careful.

The safest way to do it all is in the GECK, by not only physically moving the NPC's ref to a new location, but also editing or wiping their packages clean. Because most NPCs in the game have their own packages designed for wherever they are. Harkness has package instructions in Rivet City, so when it's time for him to eat or stand around somewhere in Rivet City, he'll try to leave Tenpenny Tower to go back to Rivet City to complete his package instructions. You can edit it in the GECK, so that all of his actions are either in Tenpenny Tower or in "current location". But Harkness is generally a bad idea to modify in this way, because he's an important character in a quest. I won't tell you what if you don't want spoilers and didn't already know. You may end up bugging his quest out completely.

well to be specfic what i plan to do is see i am a lets player who is making a fallout 3 lets play and my viewers voted to destroy megaton and i was sad about that so i am going to spawn the npc's of megaton in ten penytower then tell them to live there

Hmm. Well you should be able to put most of the Megaton guys into Tenpenny without much bugs using either of the companion mods. I've never tried relocating an entire town though. It might be best if you finish the important Megaton quests first before blowing Megaton up. Particularly Lucy West's Blood Ties quest, Moira's Wasteland Survival Guide quest and the main storyline quests in Megaton.

Also, I don't know how the game would react to that. I know that if you blow Megaton up, Moira is supposed to turn into a ghoul and the others are supposed to be dead. So I don't know if the game will still treat them all as dead and Moira as a ghoul.

Better make a save first and back that save file up before trying it. Good luck.