Is oldrim modding worth it?

darkwhip11

Hello I just recently got back into skyrim a few weeks ago, I was thinking about getting back into making mods for skyrim but im curious if which is more popular at the moment, oldrim or SSE?

I want to develop mods for oldrim becuase its what i know and love and have never actually tried SSE.

So should i start modding for oldrim or should i take the time to learn how to mod for SSE?

Steamcharts puts them both at equal audience size, with slight growth towards SSE naturally due to the original not being sold anymore. Plenty of people still playing the original version. On the plus side, you could always port to SE, but the reverse isn't the case.

With all due respect to qwerty (pffftttt) I'll be playing SSE when I'm happy with the modding scene. Right now, a few of my favorite mods aren't yet stable in SSE. Mod for Skyrim -- there will always be some Skyrim players around. Some people, for whatever reasons, prefer Skyrim over SSE. And as Rasikko noted, most mods will port just fine.

With all due respect to qwerty (pffftttt) I'll be playing SSE when I'm happy with the modding scene. Right now, a few of my favorite mods aren't yet stable in SSE. Mod for Skyrim -- there will always be some Skyrim players around. Some people, for whatever reasons, prefer Skyrim over SSE. And as Rasikko noted, most mods will port just fine.

your comment is confusing. You laugh at what i say and then follow it up by confirming that i am correct.

The transition to SSE is still an ongoing thing. Oldrim (I prefer to call it "classic") still has more people play it than SSE, but the modding tools for SSE are worse than Oldrim imho. Beth don't care, and the SSE CK is still broken on dialogues afaik. So I still mod for classic and then "port" which works for me. What we need right now, is Beth to announce TES VI, pull their fingers out, but I do believe the SP community has been forgotten largely due to Beths preference of ESO.

So there's still life in the old beggar yet.

I make everything in 32-bit CK and then port it to SSE. That way, the mod can be available for both weirdos like myself who prefer OG Skyrim and the many players who have moved on to SSE. Plus, I've been working on the 32-bit system since I started modding back in '14 - it's what I'm used to.