Am I being forced into Vortex Alpha?

shoeshine74

I just tried to install Nexus Mod Manager 0.65.2 manually to no avail. It seems it is no longer an executable file so windows doesn't know how to open it. Am I missing something? This has never happened before and I was hoping that not diving into Vortex in the alpha stage was still an option.

Thank you for your opinion. Although that did nothing to help with the fact that the download link for NMM 0.65.2 does not give you an executable file that can be recognized by windows anymore. Is there any way to download NMM (and actually open it) or is it vortex or nothing at this point? Anyone? Please.

could you please upload a picture of the file you've downloaded , and whatever happens when you try to use it?

also , did you get the file from the link I posted , or from someplace else? if its from another place , please provide a link

we would love to help you , but you need to provide info if you want to fix the issue......

Hmm. I guess it has to be on my end. But I clicked the link you posted, it took me to the same place I downloaded it from before, clicked manual download, and the file is 0.65.2-4-0-65-2 [1] (with no extention)? I am on a new factory restore of a windows 7 pc. and I'm starting to feel like an idiot.

is your pc set to hide known extensions? because that could cause the issue of not seeing the .exe at the end

can you see extensions on other files you have?

if you can , rename the file and add the .exe at the end , to see if this will fix the issue

but I still don't understand one thing . what happens when you try to use the file? does it ask you with what program to open the file?

yes, it does. it gives me the windows cannot open this file message. And asks me what program. I just don't understand why if it is an .exe, why doesn't it show it or work like it is.. I have the (hide known file extentions) unchecked but still it doesn't show the file as an executable..