Reimage or not?

For a graduation gift of sorts, my university is giving free reimages, where they will also upgrade our laptops to Windows 7 Ultimate with applications, such as Adobe Elements Collection and Office 2010 Professional, as well as Driver and Antivirus updates. From what I understand, when doing a reimage, all programs will be lost, but all non-program files (Word documents and probably Oblivion save files) will be kept. Will I lose my Oblivion mods (.esp and .esm files) as well as OBMM, when this happens? Or should I use this opportunity to forget Oblivion and move onto Skyrim? Please respond by Monday because that's when this will happen. Edited by MidbossVyers

Depends on what they have in mind... if it is a pre-built image, that they simply write to your harddrive, EVERYTHING you have on there will be gone. Need to chat with them, and see what process they are going to be using, and take it from there.

if you have a dvd burner in your laptop, you could back up all your personal stuff, and then it just wouldn't matter.... might be a lot of dvd's though....