Diablo 3; first impressions and experiences.

Vindekarr

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even going to bother playing this game further. It's not worth my time. There's so many critical, massive flaws, such little fun factor, and it's so inferior to cheaper, more entertaining games that I wish I hadn't even bought it. For god's sake, what did blizzard spend their six years doing? I think they bought every DRM program they could find on the need, went off and worked on putting pandas in WoW for five years, and then last week they remember "OHMIGOSH WE'RE MEANT TO MAKE DIABLO 3" At which point they spent ten quid rebadging what honestly feels like a crappy indy game, as D3 and sticking Blizzard badges all over it. Naturally it'll get wild reviews from the mercenary reviewers in the press, afterall, it's an Activision game AND a Blizzard game, every journo-for-sale's favorite things.

Zero out of ten from me, really disapointed, disgusted by the lousy quality. Like most modern blizzard games it's all shows, box art, and intro, tacked onto a lame indy-grade game.

Edited by Vindekarr

You know, playing several hundred Hours in Gran turismo 5 on the ps3 is no different from this always on drm. Although gt5 has rock solid servers, and never had a disconnect, only when it comes to updats. Edited by Thor.

Just a rather shocking final nail in the game's coffin-I just lost ALL my saved data. Everything. Guess I really am not playing this again.

Woah, really? Dang man, that sucks. I lost a few levels once in D2 when the bnet servers went crazy. Not a big deal though, few Baal runs solve that ;)

Yep, figures. Slap the Diablo name on a game and watch it sell. All my friend did last night was brag about how cool it is. We both just laughed. He's really trying hard to like it, I know he doesn't. Guess he doesn't want to feel bad that he wasted $60 on it.

Haha, I remember saying to my boyfriend when they announced that this game was coming out that it would suck. Guess I was right.

Like most modern blizzard games it's all shows, box art, and intro, tacked onto a lame indy-grade game.

by most other modern Blizzard games, you can only mean Starcraft 2, since its the only other one the have (i discount WoW)..and SC2 was an amazing and polished game. no where near a lame tacked on game. an amazing successor to SC/BW. the campaign alone was worth the money. nvm the online and literally limitless amount of hours of play.

honestly, i have an urge to go back and play Diablo 2 :P

EDIT: instead i went and messed around with Torchlight for a bit. because ive already played the game a few times, i have no real desire to go back fully, but playing tonight was enjoyable. :)

Edited by hoofhearted4

You know i am thinking of taking it back to EBgames, swear i was forced into it by peer pressure :teehee: .. Its not worth the money, then i might make a statement and pre order Torchlight 2.. :happy: Rant and on saying how the Always on drm killed diablo and Torchlight 2 is supieror..

http://www.pcgamer.c...ays-runic-boss/

Probably not the rant part

Edited by Thor.

I think the shortest and best conclusion I can come up with right now is if this game didn't have a Blizzard icon, and the Diablo name attributed to it then it wouldn't get a good review score at all. 6 years to make this? What a joke.

you live in Europe. Americans have it worse own servers go down every hour.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7094/7210362840_89e9476112_z.jpg

Edited by hector530

The other gamekilling problem is the lag-there's a noticeable delay between you pressing the button, and your character acting. The best ping I could get was about 600 MS off the Asian server, and that's just unacceptable. The only reason this game is built the way it is is for DRM, and that DRM makes combat so laggy and unwieldy it's almost turn-based. You're supposed to be able to dodge Boss' attacks, but just try doing that when it takes a full second for your actions to translate.

Epic, epic fail.

Edited by Vindekarr