Vanilla outfits files

Obinook

Go to fallout 4s install folder (where the exe file is located) then open the Data folder and Look for Fallout4 - Meshes & Fallout4 - Textures1 to 9

Then you will need Bethesda Archive Extractor to extract the files to a different location.

Note: Fallout4 - Meshes has the Meshes for EVERYTHING in the game so I would suggest only extracting the armor and clothing sub folders.

Go to fallout 4s install folder (where the exe file is located) then open the Data folder and Look for Fallout4 - Meshes & Fallout4 - Textures1 to 9

Then you will need Bethesda Archive Extractor to extract the files to a different location.

Note: Fallout4 - Meshes has the Meshes for EVERYTHING in the game so I would suggest only extracting the armor and clothing sub folders.

Everything works perfectly fine! Thanks!

• 2 years later...

So.... Everyone here seems to think as I thought that the files would be in the Data folder... Here is a puzzle for anyone who can help.

My Data folder just has a bunch of ba2 files!

Are these just compressed packets with the clothing and stuff in them ?

Is that what the extractor is for? and if you use the extractor is it just taking a copy without removing the original item? or does it extract that item and you must put it back somehow?

How would I find an item of clothing such as the longjohns for example take those and edit them then get them back into game?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks for your time and efforts

Q: My Data folder just has a bunch of ba2. Are these just compressed packets with the clothing and stuff in them ?

A: yes

Q: Is that what the extractor is for? and if you use the extractor is it just taking a copy without removing the original item? or does it extract that item and you must put it back somehow?

A: Yes that is what the extractor is for and yes it just copies the files. No you don't need to repackage them just put the edited files in the data folder fallowing the folder structure.

Q: How would I find an item of clothing such as the longjohns for example take those and edit them then get them back into game?

A: Longjohns are called Raider02 I think and are under textures/armor/raider I think or mesh/armor/raider Raider02 for the mesh ie the 3d module.

Here is a tutorial for photoshop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anA7lmmmtqA

How to make retextures be a new armor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd96ZD3cAJw&t=254s

A more detailed longer one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND-rCvhyP0k

And a pdf none video tutorial https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37112?tab=files

So.... Everyone here seems to think as I thought that the files would be in the Data folder... Here is a puzzle for anyone who can help.

My Data folder just has a bunch of ba2 files!

Are these just compressed packets with the clothing and stuff in them ?

Is that what the extractor is for? and if you use the extractor is it just taking a copy without removing the original item? or does it extract that item and you must put it back somehow?

How would I find an item of clothing such as the longjohns for example take those and edit them then get them back into game?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks for your time and efforts

Thank you for your help and the links you have for tutorials I will look at those as well... One more question about this.

A: Yes that is what the extractor is for and yes it just copies the files. No you don't need to repackage them just put the edited files in the data folder fallowing the folder structure.

Now when I put the edited item back... how do I get it repackaged into the ba2? How do I get it back into there so it will be in the game or do I need to create a mod from it and add it that way with something like MO

Once again thanks so much for any help

You don't put the files back into the ba2 (that will brake things) you just put the edited directly into the games data folder fallowing the file structure that it had in the ba2. If you retexture the longjohns/raider02 you would take your edited texture and put it onto the games data folder. To do that, go to the folder where the fallout 4 exe is then open the gamdata folder then textures (or make one if there is none) then make a folder called armor then inside that folder make one called raider and put your edited texture in that folder. The game engine will use the new edited file in the folder (lose files have priority over ba2 files) and use the edited texture.

If you want your new retexture to be a new armor you need to make an esp using the creation kit or fallout 4 edit, the second tutorial I liked explains how to do that better.

Also this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32794 is a simple long johns retexture it might be useful to download it and examine the files to see how it works (all modding is based on reverse engineering).

Good luck :)