Armor slot problem

tomomi1922

I always love those modular armor mods where they give us a dozen armor pieces and we wear together however we feel like, mixing between different sets. Take this one mod: Modular Wolf Bikini Armor

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13191?tab=posts

One day I found out that I have to choose between wearing the bra OR the underwear, not both. And I also realize this affects all modular armor mods as well: having to choose to either cover the top or bottom :(

I am pretty sure it is not this particular armor mod's fault (or maybe it is). But how do I check in SSEEdit to see which mod is the culprit? I mean, what do I look for in ArmorAddon section? I know it gotta be one mod that messes up this setup.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to take a peep into the mod you just showed. Updated 6/22/2018 seems promising :)

I think I literately have 3 Bikini mods in total only, Wolf Bikini modular, Bikini Ascend, and Mini Bikini on Loverslab. One of these guys must be the culprit.

Not working. Even I deactivated all other bikini mods to just use this All in One. The thongs still fight with the body piece (bra or cuirass)

I looked up TES5Edit, the body piece occupies slot 32, 34, 38. The thong takes up 52. There is no cause for conflict.

Not working. Even I deactivated all other bikini mods to just use this All in One. The thongs still fight with the body piece (bra or cuirass)

I looked up TES5Edit, the body piece occupies slot 32, 34, 38. The thong takes up 52. There is no cause for conflict.

Check the body slots on the meshes in Nifskope.

Edited by TheWilloughbian

Something else is at play here. Recorder is a popular (2nd most downloaded) companion. At default, she dons a shirt and a skirt that comes long with the mod. It has been working perfectly for her. Today I found that I have to choose between her wearing the short OR the skirt, not both.

This is definitely not the NIF nor individual mod's doing. I do not understand these armors enough to know if there is something some mods changed at global, now that all modular armors are affected.

Just a thought...

Have you noticed the body changing shape when the upper garment is applied?

It may be possible that the bottom half is still equipped but no longer visually fits the body after the upper half is equipped. This would occur if the upper portion was designed for a larger body or modified with a tool like Body Slide for a larger body while the bottom portion was left at its default shape. Only way to tell if this is the case would be to see if the bottoms say they are equipped but visually do not appear to be equipped. The body itself is tied to slot 32 and so will be whatever shape is tied to the currently equipped item at slot 32. If that shape is larger it can cause clipping and / or complete hiding of other items not designed for that particular shape.

However, if the equipping of the upper garment is truly unequipping the lower garment and the armor, armor addon and NIF records do not indicate a conflict, you may have yet another mod which changes slot assignments via script. It is possible that certain "adult mods" make modifications "on the fly" (pun intended) in order to ensure that all items of clothing fit within certain slots so that they can have better control over when their mod does its thing. I couldn't tell you which as those mods were of no interest to me.