Assassin's Creed 3 Animation details

SubjectProphet

AC3 is without a doubt going to be one of the biggest games of 2012. But a major focus of Ubisoft's team was too stop the pathetic animations that AC was getting flooded with over the years. They were making it to where everything was flat so animations were easier, 95% of the world space was unclimbable (is that a word?), etc., and they wanted to change that. Thus, the new engine was revealed.

AC3 is, by far, going to be the game with the most animations ever made. EVERYTHING will be climbable, you an climb trees, buildings, towers, jump through the forests like in a Japanese ninja anime, and Connor will also react to every little piece of enviroment he steps on. If there's a tree behind him, he'll raise his leg and put it back onto the stump to let himself know that there's a tree behind him. There are over 500,000 confirmed animations so far, and it's still not even in the Alpha stage yet!

The animation designs are the second main focus of AC3, going right under the storyline. The details about the animation continues to spiral, people just loving how it all seems to be working out.

I'll be home when it comes out, so I preordered it already before I left, and will enjoy the game when I pick it up. Anyone else excited for this game?

Yes, I'm definitely excited.

AC2 was a major leap forward from AC1, and I'm hoping that AC3 will do the same.

I didn't know that the game will have so many animations, thanks for sharing that. I'm interested in how that will look like in the end. Everything being climbable, sounds really interesting.

I started with Assassin's Creed 1. It was very repetitive, but the philosophical discussions with the master, and the whole revelations of each guy you killed (the, "You don't believe!?" moment, the whole "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" discussions, etc), it was very interesting and very refreshing.

Like it had a more close connection with the things that the Crusades represented, at least in the religious side.

Then played AC2: Brotherhood. They made a good leap forward in gameplay (mostly, collecting stuff got boring after a while) but a biiiiiig step back in the story. Now it all became the dumb "Uncover the secrets of the ancient aliens" pursuit that we have seen on way too many games lately.

Before it had more sense, with all the unknown things around the artifacts, but now that we have the "IT WAS ALIENZ ALL ALONG!" it's kinda standard sci fi without all the philosophical twists that AC1 had with gameplay concepts that they overplayed after every new title in the series.

So, not looking forward to AC3...

Edited by eltucu

I started with Assassin's Creed 1. It was very repetitive, but the philosophical discussions with the master, and the whole revelations of each guy you killed (the, "You don't believe!?" moment, the whole "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" discussions, etc), it was very interesting and very refreshing.

Like it had a more close connection with the things that the Crusades represented, at least in the religious side.

Then played AC2: Brotherhood. They made a good leap forward in gameplay (mostly, collecting stuff got boring after a while) but a biiiiiig step back in the story. Now it all became the dumb "Uncover the secrets of the ancient aliens" pursuit that we have seen on way too many games lately.

Before it had more sense, with all the unknown things around the artifacts, but now that we have the "IT WAS ALIENZ ALL ALONG!" it's kinda standard sci fi without all the philosophical twists that AC1 had with gameplay concepts that they overplayed after every new title in the series.

So, not looking forward to AC3...

Wait, what?

There was AC1, AC2, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, and now the upcoming AC3. It's all focussed around aliens, sure, but it's not as sci-fi as you make it look. It has to do with the uncovering of the end of the world. You have to play all the current ones to get the full effect out of this. AC isn't a "get it all within playing the start an then stopping" series, it's "play all the games and know what's going on" series.

There was AC1, AC2, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, and now the upcoming AC3. It's all focussed around aliens, sure, but it's not as sci-fi as you make it look. It has to do with the uncovering of the end of the world. You have to play all the current ones to get the full effect out of this. AC isn't a "get it all within playing the start an then stopping" series, it's "play all the games and know what's going on" series.

Not at all, they even make you a few flashbacks before each game detailing the previous ones :P (worst way to cater the first time players ever, looks like the "in the previous episode" of TV series). What i missed i tried to read in the Wikia since there are also games for handheld and stuff in the middle besides AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3 (i read everything in between AC1 and Brotherhood, lost interest before Revelations) Take in mind that by AC1, it had nothing to do with the end of the world or (explicitly) aliens (so far so good), after AC1 they involved the end of the world, the aliens made their apparition, etc. There lies the point of inflection.

End of the world... End of the galaxy... End of all life... The ancient aliens have the technology to stop it... Rings a bell? It has all the parts of a sci-fi game without the over technological futuristic environment. The context is one thing, but the core premise of that its the same as the one from say, Mass Effect or Halo (or probably thousands of old novels that i didnt read). Find the ancient alien technology, prevent the end of the world/galaxy/etc. This is not the problem (i even like that kind of stuff), the problem is what they left behind to pursue that kind of story.

As i said, they started well with the more mysterious origin in AC1, with all the religious and philosophical implications that the powerful people had to deal with, then they steered it to less introspection of the characters, less self reflection, overall less thinking and evolving of the characters to a pseudo cliched theme of ancient aliens, end of the world, 2012 and all that.

In AC1 you had all these "What if Jesus did existed and did made the water wine, but not like we imagined he would?" It had all sorts of implications of mythical and historical characters, religions and pretty much everything. Then they narrowed everything to aliens, standard sci fi macguffins created by aliens, and end of the world/life/everything prevented by you... and the aliens. They left the philosophy discussions, the religious points of view, everything that made AC1 interesting (to me at least).

I... I kinda liked AC before it went mainstream now that i think of it :P

im still on ACB. i finally ended up buying it a few weeks ago. started into it, maybe a couple few hours, but havent progressed in a couple weeks (havent played my Ps3 since really)

basically, my point is, ill get this game (AC3) eventually, but most likely wont be until next year sometime. too many games to play, too little time lol :P

the only game im truly excited for this year, and the only preorder ive placed and plan on placing, is Borderlands 2.