Throwable... SKULLS!

Shidentora

So, a real human skull is hard, heavy and strong enough to knock someone out by throwing it upon them.

You can make it as a grenade-behaving weapon, but this wouldn't explode - just KO. Or kill. Of course, if you want an exploding skull, then by all means!

Ya like it? :)

"Alas, my poor Yorick..."

(Or whatever it is Hamlet says to the dug out skull he holds...)

Edited by Shidentora

Good idea, but what about this:

You throw the skull at someone and he/she will freak out. Like ''OMFG what the hell is this freak throwing at me'' and then flee.

It would be good to end unnecessary fights.

Heheh, that's good!

But do you think that someone would be afraid of a skull in a world, where seeing a human skeleton is a normal everyday thing, fren?

Yeah that's true. By default there's a lot of nasty things going on in the Fallout universe. You're going to end up fighting against Raiders, who butcher some of their victims as you can see in their hideouts. It probably won't scare them at all. They might even think it's funny.

I think it's possible and relatively easy to make skulls throwable weapons, though throwing anything with accuracy has always been a problem with FO3's system. They end up getting thrown like grenades basically. If nobody mods this soon I may try my hand at it. I'm just a little busy right now to open up the GECK.

Yeah that's true. By default there's a lot of nasty things going on in the Fallout universe. You're going to end up fighting against Raiders, who butcher some of their victims as you can see in their hideouts. It probably won't scare them at all. They might even think it's funny.

I think it's possible and relatively easy to make skulls throwable weapons, though throwing anything with accuracy has always been a problem with FO3's system. They end up getting thrown like grenades basically. If nobody mods this soon I may try my hand at it. I'm just a little busy right now to open up the GECK.

Ee, totemo sou desune, Hosokawa-san. Hajimemashite. Deha, Eigo de tsuzukasete kudasaremasenka?

In this case, a throwable skull is an absolutely lore-friendly weapon. We have all kind of junk blades, junk guns and all, but it looks that no one remembered to use a thighbone, or a skull, etc. My 1 st reaction upon exiting the V101 would be to grab a closest weapon, what would be a bone, or a rock. Then I'd conceal, wait and attack.

Hell, I am absolutely sure that even the bones-smashing chimpanzee from that old SF TV show would agree, as for lorishnes :)

Of course, the skulls would have to be made so, as to fly some reasonable distance, to have low AP cost and to have a high basic VATS hit chance.

ATTENTION!

AND THERE SHOULD BE A POSSIBILITY WHEN APPROACHING TO A SKELETON FOR A MENU TO SHOW WHEN CLICKING ON IT IN SNEAK MODE, AND THERE WOULD BE OPTIONS LIKE "TAKE SKULL" AND/OR "TAKE THIGHBONE"

Edited by Shidentora

日本語分かる人珍しいですな。面白いw

Nihongo wakaru hito mezurashii desu na. :D

Anyway yeah those are some good ideas. If I had more spare time I'd try to put that together. As it is I barely have enough time to finish my own mod, which I've been working on and off on for almost a year now. @_@

I think I found out how to make custom throwables, so far I've got it to work with mutfruit and fly meat, but some items are a bit too large for the player's hand so it doesn't look right. Here's how...

1) open up Meshes.bsa in FO3 Archive

2) extract the .nif for the item you want to throw to your game's data folder

3) in the GECK make a copy of the frag grenade projectile and weapon, set the projectile model to the .nif you just extracted (It'll be in a subfolder of /data, like /data/clutter/bodyparts for example) do the same for the model of the weapon

4) make a new static, point it to the same .nif file and set the 1st person model of the weapon to that.

5) set the projectile as the projectile of the weapon if you haven't already.

That should be enough to make any item in the game into a throwable weapon. If you can't make it accurate enough, you could use an invisible explosion so you only need to hit within a fixed range.

To aquire the skulls, it might be possible to make activators out of all the skeletons, give them a script that gives an option to take the skull, and if the player chooses to do so, disable and delete the skeleton. This would have to be done for each base object, then a bulk find & replace would change every instance of each base object to the scripted version. I haven't tested that so I can't be sure it would work, but it seems like it might. I'd work on this myself but I'm doing 2 mods and a load of RL stuff at the moment.

日本語分かる人珍しいですな。面白いw

Nihongo wakaru hito mezurashii desu na. :D

Anyway yeah those are some good ideas. If I had more spare time I'd try to put that together. As it is I barely have enough time to finish my own mod, which I've been working on and off on for almost a year now. @_@

Doumo arigatou:) Tokorode, nihongakusha desu. Tabun Nexusde hitori shika inai nan deshou. Ja, wadaini modorou.

I keep my fingers crossed for your mod. It is an an adventure, I suppose? All the best.

I think I found out how to make custom throwables, so far I've got it to work with mutfruit and fly meat, but some items are a bit too large for the player's hand so it doesn't look right. Here's how...

1) open up Meshes.bsa in FO3 Archive

2) extract the .nif for the item you want to throw to your game's data folder

3) in the GECK make a copy of the frag grenade projectile and weapon, set the projectile model to the .nif you just extracted (It'll be in a subfolder of /data, like /data/clutter/bodyparts for example) do the same for the model of the weapon

4) make a new static, point it to the same .nif file and set the 1st person model of the weapon to that.

5) set the projectile as the projectile of the weapon if you haven't already.

That should be enough to make any item in the game into a throwable weapon. If you can't make it accurate enough, you could use an invisible explosion so you only need to hit within a fixed range.

To aquire the skulls, it might be possible to make activators out of all the skeletons, give them a script that gives an option to take the skull, and if the player chooses to do so, disable and delete the skeleton. This would have to be done for each base object, then a bulk find & replace would change every instance of each base object to the scripted version. I haven't tested that so I can't be sure it would work, but it seems like it might. I'd work on this myself but I'm doing 2 mods and a load of RL stuff at the moment.

Hail to you, Caramelcube!

Thank you for a detailed instruction how to make the throwable skulls work, but with my knowledge of GECK, I could only make one jump otta my screen and bite my nose:P I'll let someone who is a modder do it. And besides, I have no time for any extra freetime activity apart from the few little I do already :( Being a teacher is... the way it is...