NO MORROWIND!!!?

thezombifier21

Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but someone tried doing that and got pretty far into it when Bethesda stepped in and stopped the mod dead in its tracks.

Morroblivion, I believed it was called.

Yes, the reason was because that mod which shall not be named was directly converting Morrowind's assets into Oblivion. That's illegal.

Last time I heard of it The Lands Of Solstheim Vvardenfell And Mournhold (SoVvM) and I think also Silgrad's Tower were doing something along the same lines, and totally legal with self-made or re-created assets. Sheogorad (notice: not ...rath like the mad god but ...rad like the region) was also recreating a region of Morrowind or Vvardenfell, if I recall correctly.

It has been done multiple times, or is in the making, but as it's a massive undertaking, only few of these are in a usable or more or less completed state, yet. Some of them are though, at least in beta state or something similarly playable, last time I heard from them.

I've seen videos of it. To be honest, I'm more impressed with playing actual Morrowind with todays mods. Looks better than I think it ever will on the Oblivion engine.