Squealing/Whistling Sound

solaries275

Could it be as simple as your Driver just not being large enough?....I get static on my Head Phones while gaming (don't have speakers) and I queried my Computer Expert friend about this...he has been right through my PC due to earlier problems I was having and knows all it's specs...he tells me in regards to the static, it is simply the size of my Drivers and unless their upgraded there is little I can do to remedy it, but he assures the static won't harm game play or the PC as it stands.

What are your speakers hooked up to? Are you running audio directly through the motherboard or through HDMI? Have you tried it both ways? I would if you haven't.

I'm not up on my Nvidia cards but do you think it's possible that your card is getting overtaxed and it's causing the noise? I've read a bunch of posts in other forums that say just that. Their cards can't handle the game they are playing and it messes up the sound.

My speakers are running through the motherboard. Somehow i think this is a windows 7 issue. I didn't have this problem until I switched to Win 7.

And I don't have an HDMI cable.

yes I did. Not a stupid question at all.

The only other things I can think of before getting into some serious testing is untangle the speaker wiring from any other wiring and keep it separate and away from other wiring. Also, do you have a front and rear jack? Try switching to the one not in use.

It seems you have done just about all the common things and I'm wondering if you have a poor connection somewhere or a bad ground. The jack that plugs into your computer may have come loose inside the wiring or plastic housing. The fix is to change the wires (if you can, my speakers have jacks at both ends but some are wired into the speaker).

If its a bad ground, then my suggestion is take it to a repair shop for testing.

Well, I have tried the front and rear jacks. Also last night I plugged in my mic and enabled it and then physically muted it with the switch on the mic. This seems to have made the noise more quiet and less frequent. I am hoping it is not a bad ground >.<

I've been lurking on this thread, maybe because I have had a similar problem of my own I am trying to fix. Mine seems specifically related to a looping ground fault in the front jacks, apparently a known issue with my case, so I have to use the rear jacks; annoying but effective. The weird thing is that my speakers, when plugged into the front do not emit the static. I was lying in bed last night trying to figure out why that would be, and I came up with something that may help you. My speakers are creative sound blaster, and have a number of settings for sound but also a graphic equalizer. That squeal would have a specific signature that you might be able to dampen or remove by playing with the various sliders, assuming you have a graphic equalizer somewhere (I think most do...?)

Anyway...hope it helps!

My speakers weren't very expensive, they are Logitech speakers. 2 regular channels and the sub. So unfortunately I do not have an equalizer. I get the squealing with my front and rear jacks and with head phones. I feel like it is a software issue. This didnt start until i updated my OS and if it were a bad ground I would assume it would be a constant. I have just started playing soundtracks on youtube at a decent volume while playing games. They stop the noise after it has started. I feel like this would also not be the case if it were a ground issue.

No, I didn't think your problem was cause by my ground fault problem, just that a graphic equalizer might help, not fix the problem, just dampen the offending wave band. I haven't tried any, but there are free graphic optimizer software programs on the web. It may be different for you, but after a while of that buzzing I started to think it was affecting my hearing when I wasn't playing, that's why I stopped putting up with it. Anyway, best of luck to you!