Squealing/Whistling Sound

solaries275

I will give that a try. I have also noticed that talking to Mjoll will stop the sound with some of the words she says. But it comes back when other sounds are activated.

One thing I noticed, was I get a buzzing noise whenever I have something plugged into a USB slot next to my audio jacks (Like a usb flash drive or external hard drive). Perhaps you could try pulling out un-necessary USB devices when your playing Skyrim?

Also, after I got a dedicated sound card, the buzzing went away. I'd recommend getting one if you don't have on already.

I am hoping a sound card will fix the issue.

Spoke with my brother who said he had a squeal and hiss from his Logitech speakers. Fixed the problem by not using the Logitech drivers but used RealTek HD Audio Manager drivers.

Just to be clear, do you hear this sound during character creation? If not, then I hope to Talos that it's just the Nirnroot plant. I googled all over the place to find a solution to your problem, but it always ends up being the nirnroot.

If you are infact aware of the nirnroot sound and the sound you're hearing if not that, then I would suggest as a last resort to buy a sound card. A few years back on an old PC I had, I bought a sound card from wal mart for like 30 bucks. It was as easy as installing a gfx card if not easier.

I see you mentioned that the sound keeps playing after you close the game for a few seconds. I'm assuming the PC was bought rather than built. If bought, companies like dell, gateway and bestbuy may sell you PCs with parts that have good specs, but the parts they use are cheap in quality. They never tell you who manufactures any of the parts and you never get to pick certain parts etc. So it's likely your sound card is busted. But if it's only doing this for skyrim...no idea. If you're willing to risk/spend even more money to fix this, I'd say give it a shot.

Maybe you could make a video or recording of the sound or maybe somehow type out the sound in more detail or something.

After looking around some more someone suggested setting your sound to 44100 hz

Go to control panel

click Hardware and Sound

under Sound, click manage audio devices

right click the sound device you're using (the speakers you're using) and select properties

Go to the advanced tab

There should be an option that says something like "2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)

That should hopefully fix your problem

RIght now I am using the on board sound, not a sound card. This sound also occurs when I play SWTOR. Have not played anything else in a while, so I do not know if it happens in say FNV or something. I believe I have changed the sound properties to CD Quality before. Trust me, I searched high and low on google before posting here. I will try it again, after i get the driver that was suggested.

I bought a sound card today. After 45 minutes of play time with the card, there were no issues with sound. No whistling no squealing. So it would seem my problem is fixed. Thank you to everyone that posted suggestions.