where to load

Acetoolguy

I'm trying to get Nexus to run mods for FO3. I have it installed in 'games' but I get an error message and a suggestion that i don't install it in program files. I thought games would be ok. could somebody walk me throgh where to put the file on W7 so nexus can manage my mods? new at this mod stuff so please don't assume I know much.

if you help i'll explain how to cope cut your crown moulding so there is no seam showing, that stuff is easy......

They're actually suggesting that you install the game somewhere else, not just the mod manager. If FO3 is installed in Program Files, Windows will think that reordering a load order is some kind of virus or malware activity, and prevent it from happening.

Try installing the game anywhere else. Your Games folder should be fine, as long as it's not in Program Files.

They're actually suggesting that you install the game somewhere else, not just the mod manager. If FO3 is installed in Program Files, Windows will think that reordering a load order is some kind of virus or malware activity, and prevent it from happening.

Try installing the game anywhere else. Your Games folder should be fine, as long as it's not in Program Files.

Thats what i did, installed FO3 in my games folder, Nexus still pops up with the error message about the game being installed in program's. when I try and run it as admin, Nexus tells me it can't find it. this is installing it off a CD if that matters.

thanks for taking the time to respond.

Hmm. Maybe it's looking at an older registry entry. It happens if you installed the game once in Program Files, then reinstalled it to another location (especially without uninstalling the older one).

I don't have any experience with installing FO3 via a CD/DVD as I have the Steam version, so I can't really offer any more help than this, sorry. :( I hope you figure it out.

Hmm. Maybe it's looking at an older registry entry. It happens if you installed the game once in Program Files, then reinstalled it to another location (especially without uninstalling the older one).

I don't have any experience with installing FO3 via a CD/DVD as I have the Steam version, so I can't really offer any more help than this, sorry. :( I hope you figure it out.

I'll check to make sure it uninstalled clean, thanks for your time.

"works pretty good with the 25 sky rim mods installed though"

You are absolutely correct. NMM works very well with Skyrim. It does not work so well with Fallout3. That is why a majority of people use Fallout Mod Manager without problems with their Fallout games.