nvse not turning on?

brom94

I installed nvse in the fallout new vegas diretory (not in data) but when I start up the game I keep getting told that nvse is not on. When I type in the GetNVSEVersion it tells me I have version 2. I tried moving steam out of program file, nothing changed. I have several mods I wish to use that involve nvse, and I want to know if it's working or not. If it is working what is going on with rts? I have the latest version of nvse and fallout new vegas. Also I started it using the fomm, and the start up included in nvse. It didn't change anything.

I make a shortcut on my desktop for the nvse loader and FOMM has a button that well launch nvse loader for you

Make sure that all 4 dll files, nvse_loader and the src folder for nvse is outside the data folder beside the FalloutNVLauncher

screen shot of all icons affiliated with nvse loader and other NV icons on my desktop

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/sretsgiarc/desktop-1.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/sretsgiarc/desktop2.jpg

Edited by Craigsters

Open the console and type:

GetNVSEVersion

It should return the version number if NVSE is correctly installed and working, otherwise it will return an error code.

If NVSE is running, maybe Real time Settler mod is seeking for specific version (it should look for equal or greater) or maybe you are using an outdated version of NVSE.

Possibly one the two or both need update.

PS: You may need to enable Steam community in-game (at Steam general settings, In-Game tab) for NVSE to work. This grants NVSE will work even if Steam is put off-line mode.

Besides, it grants NVSE will work even if the game is stated directly from the Steam library or icon. For me is how it works, NVSE refused to be started directly.

Edited by nosisab

when I type getNVSEVersion it say it is running 2, and I am using the latest update for both nvse and rts. steam community is enabled. It says on the rts page that it requires the latest version (when that was put up though I have no idea), but I have not be able to find this problem anywhere else, so I think it's something different Edited by brom94

when I type getNVSEVersion it say it is running 2, and I am using the latest update for both nvse and rts. steam community is enabled. It says on the rts page that it requires the latest version (when that was put up though I have no idea), but I have not be able to find this problem anywhere else, so I think it's something different

Seems to be that specific problem the mod is expecting "exact" the same version of NVSE instead same OR greater version (I can't say for sure because I don't know details about the mod).

From the given information becomes clear NVSE is active and working, it is a specific mod issue. If you are at ease using geck you could fix the version testing, otherwise try posting the issue on the mod's discussion thread. Just be polite. State the problem as it is happening to you and the author (depending on how actively the mod is still supported) or someone else with the author's permission may release a patch to fix the issue.

Edit to complement: If the only problem is the message (I mean if the game loads and plays despite it), should be secure for you to play normally, for the newest NVSE version keeps backward compatibility with previous versions unless stated otherwise.

Yet, such problem would have many reports indeed, what points you may have a corrupted download of it or the corruption happened after the installation. The advice is to download it again, uninstall totally the previous version and install from that fresh copy. Make sure to have every possible dependency for the mod case it have some (again I apologize for not having actual knowledge about the specific mod).

Is possible the mod having conflicts with another mod. RTS is one of the top mods, if that is the case a patch to the (possible) conflict with some other mod may exist already.

Edited by nosisab

alright, I think I'll just go without rts for now (since that seems to be the problem), and since no other mod has complained since I reinstalled it, it looks like it's working. thanks for all the help!