Image Comments

JimboUK

Would it be possible to get a notification of a new image comment like you do with mods? I ask because sometimes people comment on an old image asking about something and unless I happen to catch it on the forum I'm not going to know about it.

Another option is to regularly visit your imageshare and select "sort by last comment". Doesn't give you a notification though.

What I'd like is for the date of "last comment" to also reflect the last edit someone made to a post in the thread, in case it is later than the last post. Sometimes you miss requests because people (not wanting to doublepost) edit their post after you already read it. Would be nice if the thread came back up if someone made such an edit.

Another option is to regularly visit your imageshare and select "sort by last comment". Doesn't give you a notification though.

What I'd like is for the date of "last comment" to also reflect the last edit someone made to a post in the thread, in case it is later than the last post. Sometimes you miss requests because people (not wanting to doublepost) edit their post after you already read it. Would be nice if the thread came back up if someone made such an edit.

I'd rather not have to keep checking them, anyway you have to keep resetting the sort order because the site doesn't remember it which is a little annoying. Another problem comes from accessing the image management via a tablet or phone, there is no "are you sure" conformation when deleting an image, one finger in the wrong place and your image along with its comments are gone. My cat deleted one of mine by putting his paw on the screen. :facepalm:

Ah yes, I hadn't considered alternative surfing methods. I'm oldfashioned and do my computing at my desk. :blush:

I haven't run into the image delete problem myself (strange how cats and mice go better together than cats and tablets) but I agree it should ask to confirm before deleting anything.

I also agree on the sort order issue. Previously it was last posted image first, which is a reasonable sort order. Now it defaults to alphabetical, which is not useful at all. But an option to remember sort order preference for mods and images would be great.

One of our cats is terrible for it. If I'm on the phone and he want's attention he'll try and push the phone away, if I'm using a tablet on the sofa he'll push that away and if I'm at my desktop he'll stand in front of the screen.

@Thandal I've just re read you comment, I read it wrong earlier hence the slightly odd reply, I thought you meant watch this thread becauase there was going to be some news of some sort. I guess I shouldn't post while busy doing something else. Anyway the watch thing is OK but I already have 450+ images on the New Vegas site alone, that's an awful lot of topics to set to "watch".

Image comment monitoring is a good idea, maybe put an option to view one's own images as a pure text list like in an explorer pane, with another option as 'latest update' or comment.

As for your cat, here's 2 3 solutions :

1. Rub catnip on a scratching post.

2. Drape the cat over your neck like a scarf. The movement of your head scratches their bellies and they lie there all day purring. (Seriously, try it)

3. Your cat is saying " I can has cheezeburger?" Give it some!

Image comment monitoring is a good idea, maybe put an option to view one's own images as a pure text list like in an explorer pane, with another option as 'latest update' or comment.

As for your cat, here's 2 3 solutions :

1. Rub catnip on a scratching post.

2. Drape the cat over your neck like a scarf. The movement of your head scratches their bellies and they lie there all day purring. (Seriously, try it)

3. Your cat is saying " I can has cheezeburger?" Give it some!

1. They both like catnip but annoying me is far more entertaining.

2. He's a bit big for that, it would be like having a horse round your neck.

3. It's "I can has kebab", he's cosmopolitan, no boring cheeseburgers for him.