Scariest Moment!

HitsugayaShiroken

I believe you were running the "Lost Spires" mod. I don't remember which Spire it was, but it's the one where you recover the Stele for that Goddess. I'm guessing that mod because a giant mudcrab is in the cave in one of those Spires.

No it was not that, never played that mod, it was just a Tamerial cave, its not a modded cave addon..I have played so many times, it was time to see what I never found, so I Dl this mod that marks everything there is to explore in Tamerial, and I found it ,in a not easy to find place, without the markers I'm not sure I ever would have found that one on my own..Bloody'ell I wish I could remember the caves name, if anyone does let me know, I would like to go there again, this time prepared.

Cheers

Edit..Ohhh Ta.. Varus Torvyn I just went to the home page, of Lost Spires, I am DL that mod now, Archaeology major as I was back when, this sounds intriguing, thanks for mentioning it.

The giant mudcrab is in vanilla Oblivion. It can be found in Greenmead Cave, on the Gold Road, between the IC and Skingrad. I do believe it doesn't respawn, though.

Ta....Finally!!!......I started once again as a new custom character ...I played through so many times I just now want to explore, and am doing some added quest like Spires and all of Giskards quests, and also exploring Tamerial...now I can go visit that bloody mudcrab prepared...

Ah aye Geenmead cave that does sound familiar..

Go raibh maith agat ( thank you very much)

Cheers mate

there is also a giant slaughterfish in a under water cave in the niben bay north of bravil..

about scary moments.. yesterday a lion scared the hell out of me in frostfire glade.. haha

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If something really "scariest" may be in Oblivion I think it need yet to be modded. Coming home to encounter a scornful wife that follows you around the house complaining about your's meetings with the lads in the local tavern so to drink sujama while sharing the last adventuring tales :D

Edit: I think the girls have some equal but different variation on the theme :)

Edit2: Albeit only the most masochist would go for such a mod.... the perfect musical background should be Mozart's "Queen of the night" aria from the Magic flute opera (this shall turns dialog superfluous even)

Edit3: Now that I thought about it, this kind of thing is a wonderful reason someone never being bored adventuring (indeed seems to be implemented already in Oblivion... that hunter(trainer) than help chasing the mountain lions in the fighter's guild Rats quest ) :)

I believe you were running the "Lost Spires" mod. I don't remember which Spire it was, but it's the one where you recover the Stele for that Goddess. I'm guessing that mod because a giant mudcrab is in the cave in one of those Spires.

No it was not that, never played that mod, it was just a Tamerial cave, its not a modded cave addon..I have played so many times, it was time to see what I never found, so I Dl this mod that marks everything there is to explore in Tamerial, and I found it ,in a not easy to find place, without the markers I'm not sure I ever would have found that one on my own..Bloody'ell I wish I could remember the caves name, if anyone does let me know, I would like to go there again, this time prepared.

Cheers

Edit..Ohhh Ta.. Varus Torvyn I just went to the home page, of Lost Spires, I am DL that mod now, Archaeology major as I was back when, this sounds intriguing, thanks for mentioning it.

The giant mudcrab is in vanilla Oblivion. It can be found in Greenmead Cave, on the Gold Road, between the IC and Skingrad. I do believe it doesn't respawn, though.

Ta....Finally!!!......I started once again as a new custom character ...I played through so many times I just now want to explore, and am doing some added quest like Spires and all of Giskards quests, and also exploring Tamerial...now I can go visit that bloody mudcrab prepared...

Ah aye Geenmead cave that does sound familiar..

Go raibh maith agat ( thank you very much)

Cheers mate

there is also a giant slaughterfish in a under water cave in the niben bay north of bravil..

about scary moments.. yesterday a lion scared the hell out of me in frostfire glade.. haha

Oooh I will have to check that out though they scare the bejeesus out of me..last night I got another scare I was beneath the water just swimimg about, I am an Aquamer, Cappucines new race, so I breath well with my gills, nice race..anyways..

I was about to open a treasure chest near a abandoned ship, near one of the waterfronts I forget now, whether it was Anvil, or Imperial, it one not obvious, well I do believe its my Alive waters that puts in new fish, underwater foliage, and a few more ships and what not ..

So as I bent to open the treasure chest it said, whack in the back, by the two, not one, but two of the most vicious aggressive fish I have yet to encounter other than slaughter fish, two electric eels..with very sharp teeth..attacking me at once.. :ohmy:

I killed the first and the second got me, but I was a wee more than startled, I'll tell you, its the unexpected that always gets me..I am so glad I Dl the mod that saves game every 5 minutes its more then saved me arse..a few times..when the unexpected happens..

But hmm, I shall check out the giant slaughter fish..Niban Bay north of Bravil, no cave name thanks allot, so its going to take me by suprise great...a giant slaughter fish Ok well here I go a hunting.. :ermm:

Cheers..

Scary? well the only bit so far to give me a shock is on the Shivering Isles. Theres a Heretic base just a little north of Bliss, where all the Red Kelp plants grow. I cleared the first room and found a button on the main platform, i daftly decided to stand on the platform and push the button. The floor went skyward for me :( I looked down and couldn't even see where i was gonna land, i freaked out cuz i thought i was gonna die and i had forgot to save :( Hilarious afterward though :) Definately a good idea from whoever at Bethesda thought of it :D

I've had quite a few scary moments, usually it's something jupming out at my when unexpected. But the funniest scary moment was acctually when my wife was playing she had just started a new character after seimi-retiring her 25th level mage and was doing the intro quest. Here new character was this really short 1/2 cat person (from Beautiful people) and she was walking down the hallway that has a rat then a zombie in it. Well she killed the rat and the zombie and was looting them and when she came out of the inventory screen another rat jumped at her from around the corner. Because her character was so short the rat looked like it was flying right at her face. She jumped in her chair and screamed, I started laughing, and then POW she punched me in the arm REALLY HARD and yelled at me for laughing at her.

NOW THAT WAS SCARY. :biggrin:

mine was during Lost Paladins of the Divines. i thought i had cleared out all the werewolves but when i turned around there was one of them with the freakin glowing eyes. It took me completely by surprise

I've had quite a few scary moments, usually it's something jupming out at my when unexpected. But the funniest scary moment was acctually when my wife was playing she had just started a new character after seimi-retiring her 25th level mage and was doing the intro quest. Here new character was this really short 1/2 cat person (from Beautiful people) and she was walking down the hallway that has a rat then a zombie in it. Well she killed the rat and the zombie and was looting them and when she came out of the inventory screen another rat jumped at her from around the corner. Because her character was so short the rat looked like it was flying right at her face. She jumped in her chair and screamed, I started laughing, and then POW she punched me in the arm REALLY HARD and yelled at me for laughing at her.

NOW THAT WAS SCARY. :biggrin:

Ouch, musta hurt? I don't have a scariest moment in Oblivion. Cept when I was walking through a dungeon and I was staring at a welkynd stone for some reason. And I turn around to see a skeleton pounding my face in with his sword. Made me jump a little.

Alright, I have another scary event.

I decided to run from Cheydinhal to Leyawiin so I could map the area and see the sights. After making it halfway through to the Imperial bridge near the Silverfish River it is getting dark. I see that there is a settlement marker on my "magic" compass, and figure I can sleep ther efor the night. I approach it and discover Cadlew Chapel. Suspecting nothing from the coffins littering the nearby beach, I enter, expecting a normal chapel with normal priests and hopefully a bed.

I should have known better.

I see these two "priests" standing over a bloody alter and a dead adventurer. I approach hoping that they are in trouble and that a quest may come my way, only to have them summon headless zombies to eat my character's 35 int brains.

Why can't the priests bring me back to life instead of the zombies? Sheogorath knows I need it more.

Alright, I have another scary event.

I decided to run from Cheydinhal to Leyawiin so I could map the area and see the sights. After making it halfway through to the Imperial bridge near the Silverfish River it is getting dark. I see that there is a settlement marker on my "magic" compass, and figure I can sleep ther efor the night. I approach it and discover Cadlew Chapel. Suspecting nothing from the coffins littering the nearby beach, I enter, expecting a normal chapel with normal priests and hopefully a bed.

I should have known better.

I see these two "priests" standing over a bloody alter and a dead adventurer. I approach hoping that they are in trouble and that a quest may come my way, only to have them summon headless zombies to eat my character's 35 int brains.

Why can't the priests bring me back to life instead of the zombies? Sheogorath knows I need it more.

lol you got rick rolled by necromancer =P

This might not be so scary...but it is both weird and hilarious.

I was on my way to the fighters guild in Chorrol to return a quest, and when i had done that i wanted to look around for a bit. And sometimes i check if i have any bountys or so. I hade no bounty so i thought "hey lets enter the Mages Guild and say hello" so i went in. And to my biggest surprise....everyone in that place draw arms against me and completely bombs me with spells. I mean what did i do to them haha.

And after that little incident i got a message that i had been expelled from the Fighters Guild....that is just so weird!

Btw i think my Oblivion have a life of its own, you don't wanna know what it has done to me under my years of playing it :D.