Progress when using "Install From File" feature

capella6707

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before - didn't find anything when I searched for "Install From File".

I have a bunch of mods on a network folder that I'm using the "Install From File" button to install. Some of them are quite large (CoT & other visuals), so they take a while to transfer from the network folder where they're stored to Vortex's install folder on the local drive.

After I select the mod archive to install, there's no progress or anything indicating that anything is happening until the archive is apparently fully transferred and is ready to install/deploy. It would be nice to see some indication that the file is being transferred, similar to downloading a mod. It may be nearly instantaneous if the original location were on the same drive, negating the need to show a progress indicator for file transfer, but it's not when transferring over a network.

If this should be added as a feature request, I'll do it. I just didn't want to needlessly duplicate anyone's previous request.

Vortex doesn't transfer the file, it opens it directly where it's stored. If there is any transfer taking place or caching or whatever it happens on the OS level and Vortex has no insight about the progress or how long it's going to take.

The best I can do is start some activity indicator (the spinner) so you know that something is happening.

Yes, please request that as a feature request through the feedback page or on github directly.

I read the OP as saying something different. Initially there is no mod folder for his mod.

When he uses "Install from file", a mod folder is created and the contents of the archive are unpacked into it.

You can see all the files that were unpacked and copied in "Open in file manager".

This is all before "Enable".