Remove or Serverly Limit Magic Usage

nability

Hi Guys

I'm starting a new play through on SE and I want to try and make mages something to be truly feared and for magic to be something that is hardly seen and that is only used my mages themselves.

Does anyone know of a mod or if there is a way of removing the use of magic from every tom dick and harry you come accross? The mistic arts should be something that takes years of practice to master and I want my game to refelect that if possible.

....any ideas???

PS

I know ASIS can add spells to NPCs....any chance it can remove them?

Edited by nability

This would be quite a task to take on... but I think the best way to make this mod would be to mess with the 'NPC classes':

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Class

- that determines where NPCs put skill points

And combat style:

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Combat_Style

- that system determines what actions people favor in combat

Mostly Combat Style.

Basically cut the sliders for Magic, Shout, and Staff to zero for all combat styles EXCEPT for those few you want to be mages.

- There are a LOT of them... so this is not a quite to make mod. But doing that SHOULD cause even NPCs that know spells to almost never bother using them.

I'd try it out on one custom made combat style - assign that style to "some random kind of mage bandit"... give that bandit a weak weapon like a dagger (something you KNOW is weaker than the spells they also have)... and then see what happens when you place that bandit next to yourself...

If it works... you have the method to make the mod...

You could make a script in TES5Edit that removes all spells, perks, and powers from npcs. That would break the game but would be easy to do. hmmm maybe if you limited the removal to non protected and non essentials and also leave out any npcs with mage in their names. Oh and leave out vampires. hmmm maybe just do spells and leave perks and powers. That might prevent any game breaking spell removals.