Different ESP Race Merging...?

Grabstein

Is it possible to merge two separate ESPs with Race info? Specifically, I'm using Imperious Races, but prior to using it I had created my own, personal, mod with different skins for different races. Is there a way to move or copy the race data from my mod to Imperious? Thanks, ahead of time.

assuming that you can see the data from your plugin in xEdit , couldn't you just copy the records from Imperious into your plugin , while not overwriting your own personal changes?

I believe that if you'll do that , and load your plugin after Imperious , you should have all of it working properly

if you really must merge them , and you can find your edits in xEdit , you could just use the copy as new entry on the records from both mods into a new plugin , and that should do so without requiring these plugin to be active

so that should act as merging

but due to the fact that I have no idea how your own personal plugin works , and which records it touches , I can't say if this will work

Well, for each race, I assigned custom face, hand, and body/foot textures, so my ESP edits all of the racial records. I *thought* there was a way to do it with xEdit, but I was unsure. I mean, they don't *have* to be merged, I just thought that'd be easier, as you can only have one ESP editing race. Right now, either I play with the textures I want or with the racial abilities I want. :-/

EDIT: I *think* I've figured out what you'd meant. Still playing around with xEdit...

Edited by Grabstein

Yeah I have a mod I'm making where I used custom races for several NPCs (I plan to undo that as I later found it wasn't needed for my purposes...).

One warning I have from doing it:

It seems everytime I save my esp, I randomly lose one or two of my facegen exports to the 'default head' even though I have pointed it to my own tri files. Oddly - it's not all or nothing. It will sometimes wipe them all, sometimes replace them all with the morphs of whatever NPC I added last, and then weirdly: sometimes I replaces some NPCs but not others - even among sets that I haven't touched at all in the last edit.

To avoid this... I got in the habit of going to my facegens and copying them all to another folder on my hard drive, doing my stuff in the esp that I planned for that session, and then copying my backups back into the facegen folder for any NPC I had not intended to mess with the facegen info of.

So if you see face options of one of the custom races vanish... you've hit the same issue I had.