Dumbest Spell Ever

Rune

I always figured Lock was there so you could practice lock picking, pick a lock, cast lock, rinse and repeat. Though... I never understood why you couldn't use keys, or lock the door again with your lock picks, though in all fairness I believed that the picking of a lock somehow sprang something, thus breaking the lock.

I can understand how you may think lock to be a worthless spell to have in the game but that spell saved my character's life as a lower level. To explain my brenton mage character was being chased down by a frost atronach through a building and instead of kicking me out with me screaming and running for my life i simply closed the door behind me and locked it, leaving it for sometime in the future where i might want to unlock that door.

Note: Atronach is the word you're looking for. :-)

Edited by Dr. Corbett

I find jump to be a mostly useless spell. Levitate almost always works much better and lasts longer. The only exception I have found, is Mournhold. Since levitation is banned in Mournhold (so that you don't fly over the walls), I made a 100 point, 4 second Jump spell and hurtled myself outside. Alas, all I found was water in every direction (strangely if I swim down far enough, I fall(?) back into the city.)

The lock spell is quite usefull, If you're being chased inside a house or keep you can first enter a room that doesn't start loading and then use a lock spell on the door. This will keep "most" NPC's outside and you out of harm having time to rest (if there is a bed) or heal yourself.

Paddo

I'm gonna have to agree with radium, I don't even have any clue what the sound spell is supposed to do! I have had it used on my character once or twice before, but it didn't do anything (oh yeah, a noise in my ear is gonna stop me from swinging my sword).

Sound lowers the cast success of the afflicted

Silence is more potent version of sound (quite good for dealing with assended sleepers and telvinie wizards but its expensive to make and cast a silence 100% spell)

Now some effects I dont understand

Charm Person

Demoralize Person

Detect Creature

Detect Key

Detect Enchantment

Command Creature

Turn Undead

These all seem mostly useless effects to me.