Diablo 3 Asian servers crippled by bugs.

Vindekarr

As the title would suggest, a bug with the most recent 1.027 patch has completely disabled many(most) Asian based English Clients for Diablo 3. Tens of thousands of players have been reporting a manic "patch loop" as the game attempts to update, finds no update requires, then attempts to re-start, at which point it attempts to update, finds no patch, attempts restard, attempts update, ad en infineum.

This thread will be updated with additional information, specifically a cure, once it becomes available.

Diablo 3 was a huge fail. Sorry to any Blizzard fanboys, but the story was not as good as D2, and the crazy DRM is worse then something EA would do.

This issue is happening due to the crazy DRM right? A singleplayer game shouldn't have issues with a server.

There is this thing games have called single player. This may sound crazy, but I think it allows people to play the game when they want to :laugh: . I am so glad I got to play the closed beta, it really did save me $60.

Now what are gonna say the bilzzard fanboys? That this is "normal"?? xDDDD, glad i save my money too, d3 is a terrible product(worst that da2 or me3), i cant understand how the hell ppl give this 9 or 8's ¬_¬ Edited by aruless

@above They are saying it's "normal" actually. Kinda funny and insane. Why do people act like retards?

Multiple warnings concerning how you post, and what you post.

Yet you continue on ignoring them.

Well your chances are up.

Banned

-DrGrimm

i was skeptical of this game since it was first announced. or rather once i saw game play footage. just didnt seem as dark and gritty as D2, and that may be in part due to D2s old graphics, maybe gave it a darker grittier feel. then knowing they took out the most important aspects of an RPG, aspects D2 did soo well such as Stat/Skill points and customizing a character. nahh. blizzard decided to take care of that for you, auto update your stats and give you access to every single spell. completely takes the point out of playing the game, when leveling becomes useless, whats the point?...then of course the always on DRM. personally wouldnt bother me, but it shouldnt be there anyways. hell SC2 doesnt have it. when Battle.net was down yesterday (i know because i wanted to play some D2 with a friend of mine..yes D2) we couldnt, so instead i played some SC2 for a bit. offline.

speaking of SC2. its sad how much D3 failed considering SC2 didnt. it lived up to its hype. it lived up to its predecessors. and arguably pushed ahead some and improved (the campaign for one was a fantastic improvement, which ive played through multiple times) i just hope Blizzard decides to continue living up to SC with the two expansions they have coming and not crap out like they did with D3.

once D3 goes down to $40, and has all expansions (aka Battlechest) then ill get it.....really the way i see it and ive said this before, is D3 is to D2 as DA2 was to DAO. an alright game on its own. but crap compared to his predecessor. soo much was changed in order to make way for flashy effects and sped up action, that the game when compared to the series, is just crap....i enjoyed DA2, ill admit, but i hope for future DAs, they go back to DAO type game and stay the hell away from DA2 stuff. D3 im sure ill enjoy when i feel like im not overpaying and a few years down the road when there are no issues with the servers. but thats still not to say its a complete and total disgrace not only to Diablo but to Blizzard as well.

Once I got past the server issues I started to enjoy it quite a lot. As a standalone game it's quite excellent, but in this case I feel that that isn't really good enough: compared to it's (to be fair, truly legendary) ancestors, it's an overpriced, overhyped copout. It's funny-I'm torn between love and loathing for it. On the one hand, if you pretend it's not a Diablo game, you'll love it. It's got pretty graphics, great balance, the dificulty is spot-on perfect, there's great depth and the palpable sense of progression, both as a player and of your character, is addictive. Yet as a Diablo game, and a sequal to two of the greatest PC games in the genre's history, it's a pale shadow indeed, stepping far, far to far away from the strengths of it's forebears. Sometimes a franchise must tread new ground to succeed(1) but when you're following on from not one but two absolute classics, it's just a mistake. You have heritage, brand name and badge on your side, why waste them by changing a winning formula?

Ah well, I'm hardly going hungry for good new releases to keep me occupied. I think I'm going to be glued to Dragon's Dogma until atleast mid august-only a trip to France (Le Mans) is going to pull me away, and I think I'll have withdrawel symptoms for days afterwoulds.

Footnotes: (1: see Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, for a textbook example of franchise re-invention done oh so very, very right)

Edited by Vindekarr

@Vinderkarr

And thats why the game is not liked for ppl who actually play diablo and diablo 2, and is loved for ppl who dont know nothing about the previus one, still i cant understand how is "normal" that a product have so many problems, and is even far of my undertanding how is possible that ppl can be happy(defend it) with that kind of product, whats next? cars with out breaks?(i know a little extreme but i need to rant) hell the new "customers" in the game industry are f*** us. ¬_¬