Thoughts on Dawnguard?

SubjectProphet

So, without anybody posting a thread like this, I'll be the first. I posted one on another forum and it quickly grew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PjBSicSVqI&feature=g-all-s

And now you've seen the trailer. Thoughts on storyline and plot details?

The following is pulled from Time.com

Who or what are the Dawnguard, you ask? Bethesda’s finally answered, earlier than expected, in a surprise 1:37 long trailer for the eponymous forthcoming Skyrim expansion pack. Think vampire hunters in heavy plate, like a medieval version of Sergey Lukyanenko’s Day Watch.

It looks like you’ll be doing some work for a vampire lord, whose initial voice-over teases a morality play: “You have found our fortress. You have returned my daughter. But what is it you seek? Is it to be one of us? To make the darkness your own? To feast on the souls of the living?” In other words: Will you scratch your sanguinary itch with the vampires and stand against the Dawnguard? Or make like Dudley Do-Right and skewer the vamps?

You’ll be able to purchase and download Dawnguard this summer, exclusive to the Xbox 360 for 30 days, for 1600 MS Points, or $20. Bethesda calls it a “game add-on” in the trailer, as opposed to “downloadable content.” I imagine it’ll be substantial, considering Skyrim creative lead Todd Howard said in February that the company wanted to take more time with the game’s followup content (than it did with Fallout 3‘s) and that the add-ons would “feel closer to an expansion pack.”

Dawnguard will be the group of vampire hunters facing down an enemy who wants to... well, this may sound like crap, but he wants to destroy the sun. The evil side here would be a vampire lord bent on a vampire apocalypse, but the good side is Dawnguard. I do believe if you get some huge bonuses with the new form you can get, you'll have some downsides as well worse then a normal vampire has. You meet this warlord after apperantly savin his daughter. If this is anything like those vampire films, we can call this guy "Count."

The trailer features CROSSBOWS, something everyone else is excited about (I'll stick to my bows, crossbows are too slow). Dawnguard also features horse combat, but if you didn't realize this yet, that'll come free with our patch.

So, if you want to contribute to this thread, leave a guess on the plot line and discuss what might we be introduced to and face. Bethesda got bored I guess, so released the trailer early, but the details are still away from us. That is what E3 is for. But with the smart community Bethesda built, we should be able to figure it all out with an almost-two-minute-trailer. :thumbsup:

This dlc fits with my Witch Slayer character to a tee! I can't wait to play it :D

As for the story line? I hope it's not like the cannibals in Fallout 3. "So here you are, investigating some cries of help by people who don't know what they're talking about. We're not monsters, we just have a different way of life that is considered taboo by common people; will you kill us just because we're different? ALL of us? Before we kill you?" and then you can either let them live, or kill them all alone with no help from anyone and then no one cares about what you just did except three people.

I want some epic battles where people don't die in one shot (*stares at Civil war*). I want espionage, treason, deceit! I want choices that actually have consequences, I want to sit there and stare at my screen thinking about the choices I have and what might happen when I select one.

I'm simply amazed. Crossbows <3!

Also this new race thing... and the flying animations. It opens up possibilities.

I would very much like wings popping out of my back that look angelic, or even dragon like wings popping out of my back allowing me to fly or something.