What Morrowind monster is scariest?

StargazerCorax

Would the last two posters please go back and read post #84.

Are you nuts! No one is afraid of mudcrabs!!

Plus, it's my job to conquer them. Read my sig at planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would the last two posters please go back and read post #84.

Are you nuts! No one is afraid of mudcrabs!!

Plus, it's my job to conquer them. Read my sig at planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com.

Mudcrabs are pretty good at looking like a rock until you're close, though. I'd say they're a little bit more potentially frightening than, say, Nix-hounds.

• 2 weeks later...
The ascended sleepers give me the creeps, I mean, what the heck is that stuff hanging off their face? They look like mutated elephants in robes. :o

LOL!!!!!!!!! I always thought that too!!!!

Scribs.

They freak the hell out of me.

• 2 weeks later...
I suppose since this thread is ancient but people are still posting on it, that its safe to post too?

Scariest monster: Ash Ghouls (the shirtless ones with no eyes right, and carry a club?) I could just be sleeping and one comes around the corner when I go to find him. And no body seems to notice! That's what's most disturbing. Even people are scripted not to help you or attack things that are your enemy, it kind of seems that you are the only one who can see the ash ghouls, like something out of a horror movie.

It's not quite as ancient as you might think (after about 30 days since the last post is considered dead), so you're Ok. Anyway, while I do agree that ash ghouls are quite scary (especially as you mentioned), I find that Ash Vampires (Dagoth Ur's next of kin) to be even scarier. I remember I was in a cave (the name of which I can think of ATM) east of Red Mountain, and as I was going through (clearing it out of all the no-gooders as usual), and I happened upon my first Ash Vampire, which immediately laid my character to waste with a barrage of high-powered spells and attacks. I didn't even have a chance to fight back... Anyway, back to what you said about ash ghouls coming in for you while you slept, I think that was supposed to be part of Dagoth Ur's dreams (hallucinations sound more like it).

Y'AI NG'NGAH

YOGH-SOTHOTH

H'EE-L'GEB

F'AI THRODOG

UAAAH

Those gods-awful Corpus Monsters.

Fighting one of those misshapen horrors is akin to be savaged by a gigantic tumor.

Bleaugh.

OGTHROD AI'F

GEB'L-EE'H

YOG-SOTHOTH

'NGAH'NG AI'Y

ZHRO

Tell the truth, I was sort of kidding about the mudcrabs. Scribs are sort of scary, as long as you have the sound on. Kwamas, big and small are sort of creepy, if they get into a muck pool. It took me forever to win that bet. Stupid thing wouldn't stay still.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for bringing back an old thread! :rolleyes:

I would have to say the scariest creature (for me at least), would have to be the Bonewalkers.

You're walking through a dungeon, and then you hear from behind you, "Huff, Huff, Huff. Raaurrrgh!" Then you're hit with a spell that completely cripples you in your spot.

Those things just give me the creeps. :ninja: