An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

here's some more of my two cents. When you talk to veronica after she talks to the elder during the quest I Could Make You Care, you have the option to say "you should take over" .if you have knowledge of the chain that binds, and al least one of the mission holotapes, you should have a speech skill that convinces her to become elder using that holotapes to oust McNamara. with her leading the brotherhood, they start patrolling the area, and be more like their dc counterpart, helping people with their tech(and not robbing them), and allowing you to keep them alive for the endgame quests

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's some more of my two cents. When you talk to veronica after she talks to the elder during the quest I Could Make You Care, you have the option to say "you should take over" .if you have knowledge of the chain that binds, and al least one of the mission holotapes, you should have a speech skill that convinces her to become elder using that holotapes to oust McNamara. with her leading the brotherhood, they start patrolling the area, and be more like their dc counterpart, helping people with their tech(and not robbing them), and allowing you to keep them alive for the endgame quests

This subject was discussed a little while ago on this forum. I highly doubt that Veronica could become the next elder as she was considered too radical for even a liberal elder like McNamara. The only way I can see Veronica becoming elder is if Hardin replaces McNamara and the player is forced to deal with him. Veronica could maybe become the elder then but only after killing off the Brotherhood hardliners leaving her with a smaller chapter to control.

This subject was discussed a little while ago on this forum. I highly doubt that Veronica could become the next elder as she was considered too radical for even a liberal elder like McNamara. The only way I can see Veronica becoming elder is if Hardin replaces McNamara and the player is forced to deal with him. Veronica could maybe become the elder then but only after killing off the Brotherhood hardliners leaving her with a smaller chapter to control.

with the brotherhood helping people instead of robbing them, there could be missions where you could recruit people, even veronica said that they needed recruits. This will lead to an outcasts scenario, but with strength of 8 or terrifying presence, you can tell them to leave the good stuff behind. terrifying presence dialogue: Take anything and ill hang you alive by your own intestines. defector response: f*#@ing hell!! okay, okay, we'll leave without anything!

Edited by kingwilfre16

The thing with the BOS is that its members are trained from birth to practically worship the Brotherhood - not unlike a cult of sorts. They are techno-fascists who believe that only they should control advanced technology and that anyone not in the BOS are less than human. For example: in Fallout 1, the Vault Dweller is only allowed to join once they go to the Glow - a journey through a radiated hellhole that no other member survived; in Fallout 2, the Chosen One is sent against the Enclave to steal tech, another suicide mission given because the Enclave was more advanced than them and it allowed the BOS to keep hidden; and in Fallout 3, the Lone Wanderer basically has to shame the Capital Wasteland faction into helping against the Enclave, and that's already with the CW faction being considered heretical for trying to help the people against the Super Mutants - the Outcasts already broken away to continue the BOS mission. The BOS are not good guys - they are at best neutral. They also have a very strict chain of command that if violated, can lead to the downfall of the person in charge, as shown in the Mojave Chapter quest line.

Veronica has three things against her from being considered a leader the faction could follow: 1) she is a lesbian, which means she will not be even theoretically contributing bodies to the cause - a big No No. 2) She is a disciple of Elijah's, which after his spectacular downfall, will not ingrate her with anyone. 3) She is too softhearted, wanting to use advanced technology to help people - like the Followers - which is against the BOS desire to hoard everything until the "right" time. If Veronica is installed as leader, it is doubtful she will be able to control a very resentful BOS, which like Devilman said, would probably require a purge of the hardliners and weakening the BOS even further - not something Veronica would want. At best, the BOS can be a reluctant ally - never a friend.

The thing with the BOS is that its members are trained from birth to practically worship the Brotherhood - not unlike a cult of sorts. They are techno-fascists who believe that only they should control advanced technology and that anyone not in the BOS are less than human. For example: in Fallout 1, the Vault Dweller is only allowed to join once they go to the Glow - a journey through a radiated hellhole that no other member survived; in Fallout 2, the Chosen One is sent against the Enclave to steal tech, another suicide mission given because the Enclave was more advanced than them and it allowed the BOS to keep hidden; and in Fallout 3, the Lone Wanderer basically has to shame the Capital Wasteland faction into helping against the Enclave, and that's already with the CW faction being considered heretical for trying to help the people against the Super Mutants - the Outcasts already broken away to continue the BOS mission. The BOS are not good guys - they are at best neutral. They also have a very strict chain of command that if violated, can lead to the downfall of the person in charge, as shown in the Mojave Chapter quest line.

Veronica has three things against her from being considered a leader the faction could follow: 1) she is a lesbian, which means she will not be even theoretically contributing bodies to the cause - a big No No. 2) She is a disciple of Elijah's, which after his spectacular downfall, will not ingrate her with anyone. 3) She is too softhearted, wanting to use advanced technology to help people - like the Followers - which is against the BOS desire to hoard everything until the "right" time. If Veronica is installed as leader, it is doubtful she will be able to control a very resentful BOS, which like Devilman said, would probably require a purge of the hardliners and weakening the BOS even further - not something Veronica would want. At best, the BOS can be a reluctant ally - never a friend.

then that leaves me no choice..im taking them out then taking their bunker, and rebuilding the old bunkers

Well, Elder Lyons shows that they can be a force for good, they just need the right direction to be pushed in. I think that the more liberal McNamra is the best best for a lasting peace between the Mojave chapter and the NCR or Independent New Vegas. Hardin is a whole other story. Veronica can't be part of the equation except as maybe as a liaison between the BOS and the Courier, that is if she doesn't join up with the Followers after all (with the Couriers protection and maybe McNamara's blessing).

Well, Elder Lyons shows that they can be a force for good, they just need the right direction to be pushed in. I think that the more liberal McNamra is the best best for a lasting peace between the Mojave chapter and the NCR or Independent New Vegas. Hardin is a whole other story. Veronica can't be part of the equation except as maybe as a liaison between the BOS and the Courier, that is if she doesn't join up with the Followers after all (with the Couriers protection and maybe McNamara's blessing).

even then, they're gonna be raiding merchants, travelers, my Mojave militia, and destroying the securitrons. Not to mention take over the Helios one super weapon, to which they can easily replicate the rangefinder

Well, I suppose that all depends on who is leading the BOS - Hardin, or McNamara who owes the player one for not exposing him; and the BOS as a whole for not destroying the bunker despite all the other factions wanting the Courier to do so.

Well, I suppose that all depends on who is leading the BOS - Hardin, or McNamara who owes the player one for not exposing him; and the BOS as a whole for not destroying the bunker despite all the other factions wanting the Courier to do so.

well with McNamara in charge (and new help the brotherhood missions completed) you can have a congress of sorts, with the brotherhood starting to aid you (if your idolized by them they should easily be following your "suggestions" to help the Mojave) and all other factions supporting you