An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

You're right about the Legion not being at Hoover Dam at the time but the NCR knew about them and most likely knew they were headed that way.

this is in response to your statement;

The only thing stopping the NCR from taking the dam by force was the Legion. Kimball and Oliver knew they could take the dam but would see heavy losses, and with the arrival of the legion they needed every man available too hold them back so they signed the treaty.

I'm not sure if you realize it, but the information you quoted from teh wiki Hoover goes further than just supporting my point, it shows they *had* it, ie they were in possession of it. So if your still trying to promote kingwilfre16's position that the NCR are more like Rome than the Legion, because they would have taken the dam by force but couldn't, I'd say that position was null and void since they *had* it.

"In 2274, Hoover Dam was taken by the New California Republic (NCR) when the first NCR scouts arrived at Hoover Dam."

You do realize I was taking 'bout Vegas right?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was fixing strange gibberish text that appears when I post

ie. bsfhefho'$

The items you removed like the NCR being more like rome than the legion were not strange giberish, nor is this the first time. Last time you made a ill informed post and for whatever reason felt compelled to edit it to a dr horrible 16 bit vid. Like I said, a little integrity.

I think it would be cool too have a small side quest informing the NCR about the Remnants Bunker, when the player arrives the Vertibird and power armour will be gone and a few engineers and scientists will be turning the place into a ranger safe house, after a few in-game days the player can use it.

I know squat about the remnants bunker, so I don't know if they can lock it up again or if the NCR can get in pretty easy. But if they can get in there and the player tells them, then I think we can go with something like that.

The player learns the password so I'd imagine they give the password too the NCR, I will look more into the bunker but I have a rough idea how it could pan out.

Player informs someone at McCarran about the bunker

(up too you) player has too kill some sort creature(s) around the bunker because the army can't spare a squad of troopers at this time

engineers and scientists appear at the bunker, Vertibird goes too McCarran and armour goes too hidden valley

few days later the bunker turns into a ranger safe house

We'll also have to alter one of the proposals re: the outcasts in light of the two's friendship. I can't see McNamara being convinced by the player that Hardin has to be removed (if you mean taken out). But an alternate version could be him being sent to a distant post. The only other alternative is to keep things as they are with the current tensions or a split.

I agree, the camp becomes redundant when the Great Khans evacuate Red Rock Canyon. Not only that but when I installed the Russell companion mod last night and visited the camp a bighorner and cazador had appeared in the middle of the camp. You would think that the developers would have learned by now that placing enemy spawn markers near settlements is a bad idea.

Did we ever come up with something/one to fill the vacuum left in redrock by their departure?

I agree, the camp becomes redundant when the Great Khans evacuate Red Rock Canyon. Not only that but when I installed the Russell companion mod last night and visited the camp a bighorner and cazador had appeared in the middle of the camp. You would think that the developers would have learned by now that placing enemy spawn markers near settlements is a bad idea.

Did we ever come up with something/one to fill the vacuum left in redrock by their departure?

Maybe that's where the fiends can go once they lose their battle at McCarran.

Not sure exactly when but we did discuss the idea of a new settlement in Red Rock Canyon made of refugees from Legion territory and wasteland survivalists. The former Viper camp/ cazador spawning ground nearby was suggested as a small trading post but would require a bit of pest control first. I think you also suggested putting in a cazador queen there but I think that a legendary cazador would work just as well.

Regarding the idea of claiming the Remnants bunker for the NCR, it does sound like a dbag move to me considering that they helped the player in the battle for Hoover Dam. As for the password, it should be possible for the Remnants to change it just before they left for Hoover Dam.

Not sure exactly when but we did discuss the idea of a new settlement in Red Rock Canyon made of refugees from Legion territory and wasteland survivalists. The former Viper camp/ cazador spawning ground nearby was suggested as a small trading post but would require a bit of pest control first. I think you also suggested putting in a cazador queen there but I think that a legendary cazador would work just as well.

Regarding the idea of claiming the Remnants bunker for the NCR, it does sound like a dbag move to me considering that they helped the player in the battle for Hoover Dam. As for the password, it should be possible for the Remnants to change it just before they left for Hoover Dam.

How? The NCR needs more Vertibirds and the Remnants have one that they will never use.