An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

Please make this happen guys! Sooooo much potential!

You should make it like Wasteland defence, and enclave commander, but more indept and more options!

Maby you could be able to raid other cities and control them , station your troops there to keep order etc.

You get the idea! Hope this happens.

i would love to help i can make pretty good models in cinema 4d etc, and can also do some voice acting if needed.

Let me know!

Edited by iHasModsHD

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this thread. I am already in early stages of developing a "Better BOS" mod, so if our goals end up being congruent, I could help with this. I can do pretty mcuh end-to-end mod development, though I don't typically do modeling, I suck at it. I pretty mcuh stop at re-skinning existing assets, when it comes to that sort of thing. I do however do profficient story-boarding, quest and level design, and voice-acting if needed. I did "Desperado Suite", and "Silver Peak Bunker" as well as "The Annex" for FO3.

Cheers!

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on the boards as often as I'd like. I would definitely appreciate the help. I'd also love to hear ideas you might have in re: to the mod.

Please make this happen guys! Sooooo much potential!

You should make it like Wasteland defence, and enclave commander, but more indept and more options!

Maby you could be able to raid other cities and control them , station your troops there to keep order etc.

I completely understand where your coming from and resource management/kingdom building was definitely a big part of the initial plans for the mod. That has been scaled back somewhat to make the scope of the mod more manageable, but there are still aspects of troop/resource management and building I'd like to include in the initial release and even more in later revisions.

You get the idea! Hope this happens.

i would love to help i can make pretty good models in cinema 4d etc, and can also do some voice acting if needed.

Let me know!

Are you able to convert the your work/models to working in game nifs? I find the modeling isn't too difficult, but getting working in game assets can sometimes be challenging.

• 4 weeks later...

You could make a quest where you could command your securitrons to transport the nukes from the divide(if you haven't use them) to your territory so you can use them as a diplomatic leverage in many situations and/or maybe the western B.O.S. would ask you for alliance and help in the war against the ncr and you could ask them to share their technology with you and you could help them (maybe if you got the nukes you could say with 60-80 speech check <<Accept and i will force them surrender in five days... and they say <<How the f*ck will you make them surrender in five days>> and you could say with 100 speech check <<I got nuclear warheads...>> and then tell ncr to surrender to the brotherhhod of steel or you will nuke their capital...

Edited by Ralfic

Sorry Ralfic, but I just see any of those ideas working out for the following reasons:

1. I doubt that the Securitons can safely navigate through the Divide's terrain.

2. Those nukes aren't something that can be packed up and put into a suitcase.

3. Bringing in nukes to the Mojave doesn't sound like a smart thing to do in a post apocalyptic world.

4. Why on Earth would the Western Brotherhood help the Courier (especially one that has nukes) against the NCR? If anything this may cause the Brotherhood to ally with the NCR against the Courier. Also considering that the NCR and Brotherhood went to war over their disagreements with technology being used to help people I can't see the West Coast Brotherhood willing to share technology with the Courier.

5. During Lonesome Road it is noted that Ulysses did not have enough nukes to completely destroy the Mojave, NCR and Legion. He only had enough to destroy a couple of major trade routes for the NCR and Legion.

If it was me i would have chosen an independent Vegas with a long lasting alliance with the NCR. Vegas can provide energy to the west coast areas populated by NCR citizens and in return the NCR allows Vegas to govern it's own citizens while benefiting from the presence of the NCR military. Vegas would most likely expand to encompass most of Nevada and have it's own small standing army made up of factions native to Nevada. The presence of the Gun runners and Crimson caravan (most likely being absorbed by Vegas) will produce and ship munitions and arms to the NCR as another source of trade. Really i would have liked to see a equally beneficial relationship between Vegas and the most stable governing body in the continental US, the NCR.

If it was me i would have chosen an independent Vegas with a long lasting alliance with the NCR. Vegas can provide energy to the west coast areas populated by NCR citizens and in return the NCR allows Vegas to govern it's own citizens while benefiting from the presence of the NCR military.

Definitely. This is my preferred ending and there has been a lot of discussion on teh sub topic....but with a 139 page long thread it's not hard to miss it. Do a search in this thread for "NCR friendly" and that should get you started. So far we have 3 sort of sub categories of the independent ending. Two are based on in game documents (essentially penned by house).

The first is the NCR friendly independent ending. It allows the courier to continue New Vegas treaty in full legal effect;

The New Vegas Treaty is the formal agreement between the NCR, Mr. House and the Three Families of New Vegas.

OverviewEdit

In this agreement, Mr. House conceded the McCarran Airport to the NCR to use as a base of operations in the Mojave Area. House also accepts that the NCR occupies a small building within the Strip which functions as the NCR Embassy and the HQ for the NCR military police. By this, the NCR agreed that they have no jurisdiction within the Strip, they can't carry weapons within the Strip, they have to respect the authority of the securitrons and they can't prevent any NCR citizen from using the services offered on the Strip.

Concerning Hoover Dam, the NCR is granted full control of the facility. They can send 95% of the energy generated by the Dam to the Republic, but in return 5% of the energy has to be used to power the Strip and its adjacent buildings if possible. The NCR is also partly responsible for the supply of food and clean water to the Strip.

It is the strongest option militarily, but you loose substantial income that could have been charged to the NCR for water and electricity. The NCR may not be as happy with it as they would have annexing NV and making it the latest NCR state, but it does provide them with a powerful military alley (the securitrons) in heavily disputed territory and free h20/juice for the core region.

The second is a NCR neutral independent option and is based on the Order of Withdrawal (the same that House will issue if his gambit succeeds, just swap out Robert House for the courier);

TO GENERAL OLIVER (or highest-ranking survivor)

TO THE NCR PRESIDENT

TO THE NCR COUNCIL

FROM ROBERT EDWIN HOUSE

As Chief Executive of the Free Economic Zone of New Vegas, I hereby demand the IMMEDIATE WITHDRAWAL of all NCR military personnel from New Vegas and its surrounding territories.

a) Yes, "all military personnel" includes NCR Rangers.

b) "New Vegas and its surrounding territories" includes (but is not limited to) Hoover Dam, McCarran International Airport, HELIOS One, and the El Dorado substation.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE that my vast army of heavily-armed Securitrons has been rather inflexibly programmed to respond to acts of aggression with overwhelming force.

a) For examples of "heavily-armed" and "overwhelming force," I will refer you to the pitiless campaign of extermination my Securitrons will have visited upon Caesar's Legion by the time you are reading this document.

b) Any NCR military personnel who do not withdraw from New Vegas and its territories will be seen as committing an "act of aggression."

NCR civilians are NOT subject to this order of withdrawal! They may visit New Vegas freely, enjoying all that the Vegas Strip has to offer!

So long as NCR military personnel comply with this order to withdraw, electricity and water will continue to flow from Hoover Dam to the NCR.

a) Electricity: 5 caps per kilowatt hour.

b) Water: 5 caps per gallon

The NCR Council's Office of Budget will receive invoices bi-weekly. Prices are subject to change without notice.

Cordially,

Robert Edwin House

Chief Executive

Free Economic Zone of New Vegas

It doesn't dispose teh NCR well toward NV, but it does bring in substantial income from teh NCR.

The third is a NCR hostile independent ending, and is essentially a sanity check (and a degree of freedom for the psychotic players). It's a Declaration of war against the NCR. The implications of which are pretty obvious...and equally disastrous.

There is also a 4th document that straddles the independent and NCR ending that was cut from the game. I'm not sure if this will be implmented. If it is I'm not sure if it will be available as an option immediately post game or if it will be a option held in reserve indefinitely for the courier that has already chosen one of the options above. The Offer to permit annexation;

The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.

The Offer to permit annexation is a paper note in Fallout: New Vegas.

TranscriptEdit

Transcript

Upon further reflection, I have determined that it is my best interests, and the best interests of the New California Republic, to transfer sovereignty of the Vegas Strip to the NCR.

If all terms are agreed upon, annexation would occur one year from today.

a) I am to be granted full status as a citizen of the NCR and immunity from prosecution for any activities prior to annexation.

b) I will be recognized as the sole proprietor of the Vegas Strip, a commercial property.

c) I will be subject to all laws of the NCR, including personal and property taxes.

d) NCR functionaries will police the Strip; I will retire my Securitron police force and limit their movement to the grounds and interior of the Lucky 38.

Please confirm that these terms are agreeable. I do not foresee any objections on your part.

Robert Edwin House President, CEO, and Sole Proprietor The New Vegas Strip

NotesEdit

Although this note and option in the quest were cut from the final game, non-player characters on the Strip may still remark that Mr. House "gave in to the NCR".

This is essentially for the courier that has taken over NV and decides to abdicate his/her responsibility or feels that NV's future will be brighter as a NCR state.

Vegas would most likely expand to encompass most of Nevada and have it's own small standing army made up of factions native to Nevada.

New Vegas is a very small part of Nevada, and there are substantial factions to the west (NCR), south (Legion & NCR), and east (Legion). North is less contested but there are still NCR contentions in northern Nevada and serious incursions from legion strongholds in neighboring Utah (for example salt lake city). The NCR can field 700,000 active duty combatants if 1 in 10 citizens are able bodied, and one could probably assume the legion could field a similar number.

In my opinion New Vegas has somewhere around 200ish securitrons. This comes from counting the number in teh securiton vault but also as an issue of balance. You don't want the player to suddenly become a super power. There's no fun in that. Instead this number gives NV the ability to defend itself and make it a power in the local area, but it's still a small time player compared to the west coast super powers. This brings the player to a new gaming arena (geo politics), but starting at teh bottom.

The presence of the Gun runners and Crimson caravan (most likely being absorbed by Vegas) will produce and ship munitions and arms to the NCR as another source of trade.

Neither is adsorbed by NV, both have substantial holdings in various locals. The CC service many areas, with camps all over the west coast and the south western region, with the largest presence in the NCR core. The camp in NV is just one such location among many. The gun runners are similar in their reach.

Really i would have liked to see a equally beneficial relationship between Vegas and the most stable governing body in the continental US, the NCR.

I think many people agree with you, and it's certainly a large part of what we're trying to do here. Essentially you can look at about 45% of the mod development going toward the NCR friendly, 45% toward the NCR neutral and 10% toward the NCR hostile, independent sub categories.

I'd be happy to help with this if somebody was to dedicate themselves to it.

Well we always need help. I took a look at your profile, but I couldn't get a sense of your strengths/skill sets from the house mod you had made. What would you say are the areas you do well and enjoy working in (and it doesn't have to be only mod related, skills in writing plots, dialog etc are just as valuable)?

Would need a hella amount of scripting to just make this work on a most basic level

Umm not really. When I cleaned up the dam (in the latest beta) I just used a few functions with disable being the overwhelmingly most common. Putting the other parts of the mod together aren't fundamentally different from other mods in general.